This topic is locked

172 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: The Monkees ?
Oct 28, 2010, 16:04
That's why I posted. I know the of songwriters involved, the other musicians ( The Wrecking Crew? Awesome!), but I wanted to get, and did, a wider perspective on them as a collective entity, re. their own personal involvement/creative achievements, which I do know frustrated Peter Tork and Mike Nesmith from the very beginning, being actual bona fide musicians. From what I have read/herad so far, I definitely think there's a lot worth checking out. Stepehen Stills recommended Tork for the gig after he himself had been rejected due to 'wonky teeth and a bad haircut' (sic)! I remember them very well on TV in the early-mid 70s, and like the majority of HHers, I think I have enough of an age closeness to get the effect. Also, age dosen't come into it really, does it, for the serious music head. The cultural information re. any period/genre is there to be unearthed and dug, if you are so inclined. I do think the modern world would be infintely more palatable if current modern boy bands were 1/10th of the same quality!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index