This topic is locked

Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: The Monkees ?
Oct 28, 2010, 11:04
Thanks! So it was The Wrecking Crew then.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:06
Kid Calamity wrote:
Like most things in life, it probably seemed like a good idea, at the time.

Like the time I went to see' My Left Foot' on a brown microdot.
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:25
I had some correspondence with Mrs Kaye about 8 years ago. She was lovely. Sent me photocopies of all sorts of stuff (including her payment cheque for the Mission Impossible theme!).

Also sent lots and lots of word docs of interviews, lists of songs she'd played on, reminiscences on Brian Wilson and way more than I could read.

A true gem and a living legend who genuinely appreciates when fans acknowledge her.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:27
I'd recommend getting the 2CD "Anthology" on Rhino, and then the "Head" soundtrack, which is by far the most psychedelic thing they ever did. Their back catalogue is laden with classic songs - not all of which get included on single-disc compilations - but the individual albums do tend to have quite a lot of filler on them, (which is hardly surprising, given that they released two or three per year at the same time as filming episodes of the TV show.

I'd also recommend avoiding any of the re-union albums like the plague, especially the 1986 release "Pool It" which is truly, mind-numbingly awful. The same gies for any of Davy Jones' solo albums, but I'm sure you've probably guessed that already.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:27
embryonomore wrote:
I had some correspondence with Mrs Kaye about 8 years ago. She was lovely. Sent me photocopies of all sorts of stuff (including her payment cheque for the Mission Impossible theme!).

Also sent lots and lots of word docs of interviews, lists of songs she'd played on, reminiscences on Brian Wilson and way more than I could read.

A true gem and a living legend who genuinely appreciates when fans acknowledge her.

One of The Greats, and a wonderful person as well then!

:-)
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:28
Ahh, it's gotta be DMT for anything with Daniel Day Lewis in it!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:31
The Sea Cat wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:
Like most things in life, it probably seemed like a good idea, at the time.

Like the time I went to see' My Left Foot' on a brown microdot.

That still sounds like a good idea to me now!
flashbackcaruso
1053 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:31
The way the live version of 'Circle Sky' has attained such legendary status suggests that the studio version is weak. In fact it's also an absolute belter. Two very different but equally exciting interpretations of a cracking song.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Oct 28, 2010, 11:40
Oct 28, 2010, 11:37
Thanks Popel. I'll see if I can rent the Rhino anth. from the libary first, as it's pretty pricey, and if I like it, I'll go ahead and buy.
I'll check out Head/Headquarters as well, but not the new box set, as I don't think all the alt. versions and outtakes would be necessary.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Oct 28, 2010, 11:43
I drink your Milkshake! I drink it up!!! Ahahahahaha!!!!

More Meth?.....
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index