47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 4th April 2010 CE
Apr 05, 2010, 09:01
Stevo wrote:

Thin White Rope - Exploring the Axis, In The Spanish Cave. The archetype of underated bands. How the hell did this lot not take off. Ace.

love the band, one of the greatest guitar duet ensembles ever I think Television meets country meets Sabbath? Loved finding out what the lyrics actually were after transcribing them wrong. Some of it's too obscure to get straight off but there's a site out there with lyrics on. (or not since the site I linked to on a message a while back now seems dead, shame)
Kyser went onto the Mummydogs then retired for several years, did he go into science? Think he came back with a new project over the last couple of years.
Some of the others became Acme Rocket Quartet, who were largely instrumental.
Just listening to the Walkabouts and hit a point that really reminds me of TWR as I'm typing this. Slow tautened groove sounds like a muscle being flexed the wrong way or something.
Stevo

There was another TWR spin-off band, The Graves Brothers Deluxe, with Stoo Odom, Roger Kunkel and Jozef Becker. They recorded at least two albums (being 1999's "Little Love Things" the only one I have heard).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index