47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2010, 16:20
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 4th April 2010 CE
Apr 04, 2010, 12:53
King Loser - You Cannot Kill What Does Not Live. Glorious lo-fi fuzzed out surf rock from New Zealand. Like a cross between Cycle-delic sounds and Sonic Youth.

Fireworks - Set the World on Fire. More Dionysian noise from the garage.

Auktyon - Girls Sing. Jazzy Russian art rock. But not jazzy as in goes nowhere, more in the breadth of instrumentation.

Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information. Still one of my favourite albums. If Brian Eno were a soul musician, I'd imagine his music would sound something like this.

Kousokoya - 1st. Slightly lower key, less metal version of High Rise. Still noisy as all get-out. Recommended for any fans of that band.

Marmoset - Record in Red. Very catchy, 2-minute post-punky vignettes.

Black Devil - Disco Club. Out of time French space-disco.

Les Rallizes Denudes - Cradle Saloon '78. After '77 Live and Mizutani, it's the next record to scout down.

Magical Power Mako - Hapmoniym. I guess most psychedelic artists must have hours of tapes with indulgent little experiments on them. Unlike them, Mako's 5-CD collection of outtakes and unreleased experiments is arguably his best work. Knowing how to play a kazillion instruments also gives these "songs" a huge amount of variety.

Robin Williamson - Songs of Love & Parting. I think I prefer this to most proper ISB albums (most of which I also love).

That Petrol Emotion - Manic Pop Thrill. It's the totally addictive guitar sound on this that keeps on bringing me back.

Gilberto Gil - S/T 1969. Definitely his best album and a must for fuzz guitar fanatics.

Also:

Dalek - Absence/Dalek & Faust - Derbe Respect, Alder

Julie Driscoll - 1969

Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Strangers of the Universe

Archaia - S/T

Bondage Fruit - Bondage Fruit 1

Adolescents - S/T

Shiina Ringo - Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana

Charles Mingus - The Black Saint & The Sinner Lady

Circle - Pori/Taantamus/Meronia

Karuna Khyal - S/T

The Homosexuals - Astral Glamour