I'm glad they cleared that up for us

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 17:07
Yeah, I'm glad to be away from all that bollocks. These days I don't even drink. ... that much. Go home help my wife with our newborn *Alfie*, eat dinner, watch pap on the TV, crash out. How life has changed.

Rock n' roLL ...
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:10
Daminxa wrote:
'all swagger and no shagger' - I like that!
And we could all offer someone out from a tour bus, couldn't we? It's like when people shout abuse from their cars - they're like bloody molluscs!

Liam can buy that quote off me for his Pretty Green fashion line. Stick it on a tee shirt or a 'Reni' hat. Nice one, sorted.

I had a carton of milk thrown at my head from a car window once. Walking up the road minding my own business then wallop. I was only young at the time. Weirdly I didn't react, just carried on walking home and washed it off. I'll get my revenge one day though, you betcha.

So far in this weird and wonderful thread I've admitted to being bullied by a deer, a wasp, and some car twats. I'm not really a pushover 9 stone weakling, I'm well 'ard me (but not as in "well 'ard" the dead dog on Eastenders) mind)
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2010, 17:17
Mar 26, 2010, 17:15
cHARLIE wrote:
Yeah, I'm glad to be away from all that bollocks. These days I don't even drink. ... that much. Go home help my wife with our newborn *Alfie*, eat dinner, watch pap on the TV, crash out. How life has changed.

Rock n' roLL ...

Sounds much like me amigo, except I have a 2 year old *Eliza* instead. Once was a loony-tunes for the good times but am now shit scared of dirty hangovers and the wasted days ahead. My younger self would scoff at me now but I'd just scoff back at his/my shit hair from back then. Take that younger self!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:16
Ha!

I think we've probably all been the victim of car twats - I've lost count of the number of times I've had verbal abuse or some indeterminable fluid chucked at me from cars - to carry on walking is probably the best thing to do in the circumstances; don't give them a reaction - that's all they're after, it loses its sting if they get no response.

As for wasps, they're bastards and bully us all - I had one go down my top in the middle of Dorchester Market once, I had to do a very rapid but very necessary strip-tease in broad daylight!

Deers? No I can honestly say I've never been molested by a deer! I got stalked by a donkey once, but not with malicious intent. I also got dry-humped by a dog once when I was out walking mine, who, unbeknown to me was in heat. We got followed home by this mad mut and had to barricade ourselves in the house. I was utterly traumatised and still have visions of dog jizz flying through the air indiscriminately. A good argument for nadger nicking if ever there was one!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:18
That's your research project - apply for government funding. God knows they've funded stupider ideas!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:20
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:

Rock n' roLL ...

Sounds much like me amigo, except I have an *Eliza* instead. Once was a loony-tunes for the good times but am now shit scared of dirty hangovers and the wasted days ahead. My younger self would scoff at me now but I'd just scoff back at his/my shit hair from back then. Take that younger self!

Funny how middle age mellows us and puts us in our place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dsz4dB6DuM

;)
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:21
I was accused of throwing an egg at someone once. I didn't and can only think it came from a passing car. The bloke wouldn't have it that it wasn't me though.

I've started running lately - every other car seems to have something to say on the subject.

x
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:22
Middle age hasn't mellowed me, motherhood hasn't mellowed me. Circumstances, however, have put me in a situation where no such shennanigans are available to me. It's probably for the best!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:24
Yes why IS that? What's so peculiar and comment-worthy about someone going out for a run? And I don't REALLY get why people shout anything from cars, it's hardly an ideal situation in which to carry out any meaningful discourse!
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 17:24
mojojojo wrote:
I was accused of throwing an egg at someone once. I didn't and can only think it came from a passing car. The bloke wouldn't have it that it wasn't me though.

I've started running lately - every other car seems to have something to say on the subject.

x

Are you running in the road towards the cars whilst wearing Alan Partridge style shorts? That'd get them car folk riled.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index