I'm glad they cleared that up for us

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 25, 2010, 17:48
Did they? Wouldn't say it was the best album of all time but I genuinely like that record and it would be in my top twenty.

(Runs for cover...)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Mar 25, 2010, 17:58
Mar 25, 2010, 17:51
Daminxa wrote:
Did they?

Yes they did. Ahead of "Revolver", "Pet Sounds" "Forever Changes", "There's A Riot Goin' On", "Innervisions" "Marquee Moon"
and "Will Success Spoil Mrs. Miller?". Bastards.
Five
Five
960 posts

Mar 25, 2010, 17:52
Popel Vooje wrote:
On a less facetious note - have you actually actually bought one of those things and if so, do they work? I was thinking about getting one to repel spiders but most of the customer reviews on Amazon say they don't work.

I found that they work in a very limited radius ... like, if you put one at the north end of the bedroom, the spiders all move to the south end. Of course, this was in the pacific northwest where the spiders are the size of hedgehogs and timorous as lions
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Mar 25, 2010, 17:52
Facetious ? Me? ;

Haven't got a clue, and I like spiders. They're the Bug Bouncers of your home and respond to psychedelics.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Oct 13, 2012, 14:05
Mar 25, 2010, 17:58
The Sea Cat wrote:
Facetious ? Me? ;

Haven't got a clue, and I like spiders. They're the Bug Bouncers of your home and respond to psychedelics.

I'm afraid that if I came across a house spider whilst under the influence of psychedelics my trip would instantly turn bad. Just going to have to stick to laying conkers in each corner of the room and hoovering em up with my new ultra-suction powered vacuumn cleaner this autumn, then
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Mar 25, 2010, 18:03
Mar 25, 2010, 17:59
Conkers? How does that work. I only like our spiders. Couldn't be doing with the venomous chaps at all.

EDIT: the pyschelic response is the different and beautifully intricate web patterns they design if given a dose, apparently.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Mar 25, 2010, 18:05
The Sea Cat wrote:
Conkers? How does that work. I only like our spiders. Couldn't be doing with the venomous chaps at all.

EDIT: the pyschelic response is the different and beautifully intricate web patterns they design if given a dose, apparently.

Fair enough, but why waste good acid on a spider?

I've read that if you put collect a bunch of conkers and put one in each corner of each room in your house, you won't see any spiders. I've no idea if this is just an old wives' tale, but I tried it last year and saw none. Allegedly it's because spiders mistake them for larger spiders and stay away.`
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 25, 2010, 18:08
If I encountered a house spider under the influence of psychedelics I think I'd be rendered terminally insane(er)!

Does the conkers thing work then? I did well last Autumn in that I didn't get any here, but it's not uncommon for them to be the size of bloody saucers in this neck of the woods - one appeared in my bath a couple of years ago and it took me all day to summon the courage to remove it, and I still suffer flashbacks of the incident to this day.

I am, and always have been, utterly petrified of spiders, and much as I moan about the UK one of the major benefits of living here is that we don't get even bigger arachnids and the indiginous ones are not significantly poisonous (although they can, apparently, bite, so it genuinely isn't a good idea to handle them, not that I ever would!)
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 25, 2010, 18:11
Oh no I don't like the sound of that at all, what if word gets round and it encourages really MASSIVE spiders to come round to your house to have a pop? You never know - global warming and the resultant climate change has apparently given species that couldn't previously survive our harsh winters a fighting chance of establishing themselves over here. Not that I'm paranoid or anything like that...
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 25, 2010, 18:13
I shit you not I got bitten by a spider in this country when I was gardening once. I got a nasty lump on my leg and felt a bit out of it for a day or two afterwards. I've been reliably informed, honestly, that all species of spider can bite and deliver a certain amount of venom if sufficiently provoked. I appreciate they're good at keeping flies away and stuff but I think I'd rather invest in fly paper than encourage arachnids to take up residence in my house!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index