Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2010, 15:21
Re: Lady Gaga on The Brits
Feb 17, 2010, 15:19
machineryelf wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Liam is a cock cus he takes the wrong drugs. If he had done a bit of the old LSD like his heroes back in the 60s rather than playing the hard man, then he could have progressed and grown up a bit. As for his brother Noel.. I have a bit of hope for him cus he *is* a clever man and can write the odd good song now and again.

ANYWAY WHO AM i TO slag these people off, my music and my bands didn't ever come to much in the end fer all my years of plugging away at it. Tiz easy to be a critic not so easy to be a rock star. A good song is a good song. Tiz all about catching the moment & being lucky enough to have that moment recorded properly.

As for the world of pop ... I think I will leave that for the teenagers.

8o)

good point charlie,I really liked the first 2 Oasis records but since then they've recycled the same old thing with diminihing returns

Quite an achievement, considering all the ideas on their first two alnbums were recycled from other bands' in the first place.

Oasis are what the Beatles would have sounded like if Ringo Starr had been the main songwriting force rather than Lennon/McCartney/Harrison.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 15:29
Popel Vooje wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
At least you've recorded some good songs and your life hasn't been shot to pieces by fame. Be thankful, young man.

Oh, and FWIW, the Brits is a load of big hairy record industry bollocks.

I agree. Haven't ewatched it since that Jarvis / Muichael Jackson episode (the only entertainnig thing that ever happened at the Brit Awards, IMO).

Moreover, I'm going to up the ante by stating my honest opinion on Oasis -they're shite, and they always were. I knew the British Music press was in trouble when journos started hyping "Definitely Maybe" as the future of rock'n'roll. The future? The death knell, more like. The only difference between oasis and the Real people is that the former were lucky enough to be signed by Sony at the right time (when the UK backlash against grunge was beginning to gain momentum).

Although I do see your point dude and agree, the fact remains that they got the deal & the fame & their music *is* out there, like it or not.
Our opinions don't matter. I sit here stuck in this pap job talking Pap about pap ... when I should be at home writing and recording music. Tiz rather annoying to say the least working for the man is draining my life and making me old. tWITch* catch 22 TWiTch ... no NRG to change it. twiTch.

(((sigh)))
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 15:33
Ha. That reminds me of a review of Gene in MM "Like The Smiths, had the Smiths been Joyce, Joyce, Joyce & Joyce"
red paeony
red paeony
184 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 15:37
I couldn't see it over here, but I did see snippets of her.

I used to not like Lady Gaga and the hype, at all, but I now think she's the real deal. She writes her own music/lyrics, plays piano, a bit of guitar, and she can sing. Plus, she's reallllly out there. I think she leaves her contemporaries in the dust. One can look ridiculous for the sake of it, but she has talent to back up the quirkyness.

Madonna took elements of punk clothing and mixed them with girly clothes, when she was living in New York going to dance clubs. She only learned to sing properly after she was in Evita. She's not without her talent, of course. Lady Gaga, though, has a belter of a voice, and fcuk know's where she gets these wild ideas.

I like her. I think she's fearless with her audience, and only 23 years old, ffs!

x
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 15:40
Yep, I'd go along with all of what you say. My friend's going to see her in a few days and if I could afford it I'd go too.

Shame she's so into the world of fashion though, which is loathsome.

As for Madonna - she's not been in the forefront of anything for years, just lamely following along years after. What's the betting that she has a single out in 2013 that sounds like La Roux?

x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 15:45
Tsk. Not very metal all this is it?
red paeony
red paeony
184 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 15:46
Ha! You're probably right about Madge, although I don't think La Roux are big here in the states. I'll have to Google that ;-D
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2010, 15:50
Feb 17, 2010, 15:50
She is more like Prince.
I never liked him much. ... too much hype & ego not enough hooks.

Na, I can't be doing with all this pop stuff, tiz fer teenagers.

(((runs fer cover)))
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 16:02
Squid Tempest wrote:

Haha! Embrace the pop side of life, give in, ride it like a wave boy.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Feb 17, 2010, 16:09
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Haha! Embrace the pop side of life, give in, ride it like a wave boy.

What, and ruin my doom credentials?
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index