bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Feb 08, 2010, 13:48
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 7 February 2010 CE
Feb 08, 2010, 13:18
A bit of a quiet week but here goes...

In car entertainment...

V/A - Kompakt Total Volume 10 (2CD) - Has it's ups and downs but i rather like this, not too in yer face and a great soundtrack for mile munching.

V/A - Indoor Miner 2008/9 - Cheers Keith, really enjoying your picks on these. Dark Captain Light Captain now on order !

SUN ARAW - Heavy Deeds - Love the skeletal voodoo wah guitar, the dislocated backing vox, how everything seems so unforced and natural, and its almost unique vibe ( puts me in mind of Dr John around the Guilded Splinters era, it's got that Juju thing goin' on )

In the flat...

V/A - Pop Ambient 2009 ( Kompakt ) - Ace late night lushness.

PENDRO - Miscelllaneous Downloads - An altogether different late night experience, ominous industrial atmospherics this time. With the lights off and the sound filling the room it felt like i was having an asthma attack inside a set of furnace bellows at one point, nightmarish but great !

WHITE HILLS - s/t - Best yet ? Dave W sounds like an angry man on this one.

And finally got around to hearing these...

RUTH COPELAND - I Am What I Am - Thought Self Portrait was disappointing really and a bit of vanity project despite the musicians involved but this really is a helluva improvement ( especially the raunchier vocals ). Eddie Hazel lets rip all over this too so should've checked this out years ago.

U.S. MUSIC WITH FUNKADELIC - Short but very sweet, prime P-Funk to be had here.

Which led to....

FUNKADELIC - America Eats Its Young - A bit underrated IMO, eclectic and a bit bonkers too

Happy listening everyone,

Mark x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index