27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2010, 20:33
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 7 February 2010 CE
Feb 07, 2010, 18:39
Hail! \m/

Wolf People - Tidings. Very, very nice indeed! Pastoral tinged psychelia with the odd prog bits. Am getting sniffs of early Tull & even the folkier end of Wishbone Ash in the lushness. Not as relentlessly lo-fi as the info elsewhere might have you think. If this is odds n sods, an album proper should be a blinder!

Grobschnitt - Solar Music Live. Ace KrautGlamProg weirdos caught doing their thing back in the day. V good!

Rise To Remain - Bridges Left To Burn EP. Young, Brit metalcore freebie. Chunky, riffy with some great shred. Bit generic but good stuff.

Hawkwind - Take Me To Your Leader. A properly good modern Hawks album

Magnum - On A Storytellers Night. Ace real ale pomptastic melodious riffage.

Ancestors - Of Sound Mind. Expansive stoner/doom featuring great use of organ and piano in the heavy mix. Another gem from Tee Pee records!

Shrinebuilder - S/T. Stoner/Doom Supergroup make a good mix of sonics within the doom template. V heavy, more tuneful than you might suspect too.

School of Seven Bells - Alpinism. Saw these supporting Bat For Lashes last year and really liked them but never got round to getting the album til now. I really like this - not a million miles away from some of the poppier parts of Bat For Lashes "Two Suns" album. I like the mix of beats with a shoegaze/dream pop coating and Rumours era Fleetwood Mac exotic female harmonies. Works for me!

Have a nice week melody munchers!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index