Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2010, 13:41
Re: most Psychedelic record?
Feb 03, 2010, 13:01
jello wrote:
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Good shout on the Orb. UFOrb blew my acid-drenched socks off one time. There a really crystalline sounding bit (is it in O.O.B.E.?) where everything just started whirling and dissolving into shiny things :-) Orbus Terrarum worked pretty well too.

Yes, UFOrb as well. More dancey but still a brain swizzler. I saw them live quite a few times during that whole era and much of the time I didn't know where my head was at. Few all-nighters at Brixton Academy, mainly on E but the way they played twisted the usual E vibe into a much more trippy realm. With the lights and visuals entertaining the grey matter as well it made for quite a full on experience. I'm pretty sure I saw a dog running around on stage at one point but never had it confirmed by the people with me. Ah, such good days & nights.

Totally agree. Those all nighters were awesome (so were the pills too though). Andy Weatherall DJing as well as Alex Patterson - Primal Scream as well as The Orb. All night long. I remember the visuals on screen were the best that I have seen to this day. Also remember Brixton being this most beautiful place at 6 in the morning. Hmmm.

Haha, yep, those were the nights. You'd get DJ's playing up in the cloakroom area by the stairs. People all over the place. Brixton Academy was a great place for it, seemed to be very decadent and huge, lots of nooks and crannies. New Yorkers or Doves in your sock on the way in. I can remember seeing Primal Scream around the Screamadelica album and after they played I think Weatherall DJ'd and the screens they had up had some amazing visuals on them. Neil Cassidy flipping his hammer on a film loop along with some Fantasia footage. The Orb used to hang big white circular disc screens from the ceiling and project onto them as well. Those nights were as much about the before and after than the headline act itself. Wish I could go back in time and experience one again. I used to hate it when the lights came up, negotiating the cloakroom queue and all the 'normal' people on the tube. That's when the fear kicked in. Knowing I was sat there all sweaty and gaunt with huge eyes and a dancing leg. Haha.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index