sssssh!

:-D

x
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Arena Eno Documentary.
Jan 25, 2010, 19:41
Let me know how you get on with it. It really is very well written and informative - and Eno has led a fascinating life. Haven't read or wanted to read many biographies in my time but this is right up there with the best of them (like the Strange Fascination one about Bowie). And he uses words i don't know the meaning of a bit so it will increase your word power too!
Brother Johnno
Brother Johnno
428 posts

Jan 25, 2010, 20:42
...i enjoyed it. Very pastoral. Loved his description of a song as sounding "like a psychedelic jet stream". Talented and interesting guy, pity he can't maintain the postman thing though.
BJx
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jan 26, 2010, 11:06
I especially liked that conversation with Steve Lilliwhite, where they discussed the removal of the human element in recording by over correcting every mistake and breath.

He always comes across as a nice, conscientious bloke.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Roxy Music Full House
Jan 26, 2010, 11:14
main question I left with was did more of that Roxy Music performance on Full House get filmed? Not sure if we got all of it or if that was 2 songs from a longer show. Seemed to be really on (fire?the ball?whatever) during it. Would love to get hold of the full thing if it's out there.

also was wondering exactly who Joe Melia who introduced it was. I know he plays the photographer at the beginning of 'Oh what a Lovely War' and I think I remember him from some tv stuff he did when i was a kid/adolescent. Was Full House a music show he introduced regularly then?

Other than that, really enjoyed both documentaries. Just occurred to me that the Roxy clip was in the 2nd, performance one not the main Another Green world.
Stevo
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Roxy Music Full House
Jan 26, 2010, 11:27
Oh, I forgot about a dreadful clip of Roxy doing 'Ladytron'. Somebody was well out, on that.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jan 26, 2010, 12:25
Stevo wrote:
Was Full House a music show he introduced regularly then?

From vague memories, 'Full House' was some sort of Review programme of the Arts in general.
A bit like 'The Culture Show' of it's day.
My older siblings used to have it on as I remember sitting watching a few things.
I remember poetry being performed and reviewed on there and I seem to recall classical guitar maestros John Williams and Julian Bream doing a turn.
I can't remember Joe Melia being on it all the time though, as his face would have been more familiar. I seem to think they had guest presenters, but the mists of time could be distorting things!

It would be great if there was more footage of Roxy, if they did indeed perform more stuff than 'Ladytron/Grey Lagoons'.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jan 26, 2010, 12:39
googled things a bit more & the initially announced release of the thrill Of it all DVD had 4 tracks from it on. at least according to a fansite
http://www.roxyrama.com/classic/cgi-bin/2006/cginews.cgi?record=78
so I wonder if there was any more still?

full house itself seems to have been launched in '72 with Melia who had been replaced by Melvin Bragg by 1974.
Stevo
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jan 26, 2010, 13:17
Stevo wrote:
googled things a bit more & the initially announced release of the thrill Of it all DVD had 4 tracks from it on. at least according to a fansite
http://www.roxyrama.com/classic/cgi-bin/2006/cginews.cgi?record=78
so I wonder if there was any more still?

full house itself seems to have been launched in '72 with Melia who had been replaced by Melvin Bragg by 1974.
Stevo

Thanks for the extra info Stevo
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jan 26, 2010, 23:01
I felt the same way about 'Miss Sarejevo'. To me the Coldplay song still sounds like music from a Barclays advert though.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index