Topic View: Flat | Threaded
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 10 January 2010 CE
Jan 10, 2010, 13:18
http://www.thelifeaquatic.org/

I like that site, although i'm still yet to see the flaming fillum. :(
No Speedo's available though, Keith. Awwww!
keith a
9572 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 13:43
Just tried to order one, but not sure it went through.

I don't think the world is ready for me in speedos!!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 15:16
What's the Blade Runner OST 'Esper' edition?? I have the soundtrack, which I love, but I guess it's just an ordinary version. Does it come with a free replicant?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 15:23
http://justanothergarden.blogspot.com/2008/08/vangelis-blade-runner-esper-edition.html

it's the superduper improved soundtrack, search the net a bit and you'll find a ton of bladerunner stuff but this is the best imho

bit of history here

http://www.bigomagazine.com/archive/ARrarities/ARbladerunner.html
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 15:31
machineryelf wrote:
http://justanothergarden.blogspot.com/2008/08/vangelis-blade-runner-esper-edition.html

it's the superduper improved soundtrack, search the net a bit and you'll find a ton of bladerunner stuff but this is the best imho

bit of history here

http://www.bigomagazine.com/archive/ARrarities/ARbladerunner.html

It's fantastic. Basically all the music from the film (and not the re-records that were used on the original album) plus dialogue highlights put together as a labour of love (inc one suspects some material leaked / knicked from Vangelis or the film co).
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jan 10, 2010, 15:55
Jan 10, 2010, 15:54
keith a wrote:
You don't like Wes Anderson or The Coen Brothers?

Blimey, Ian. Your taste in movies is even worse than your taste in music!

; )

EDIT: Have you seen their latest A Serious Man? A truly fabulous movie.

Ho, ho and again ho. Seasons greetings to you too. Next you'll be asking me to take Marc Bolan seriously.

Anyway America does so many things brilliantly in the world of cinema and tv but Art House under statement ain't it.

A Serious Man? Again. Americans trying too hard at replicating what they think makes European cinema special and getting it wrong. It's, in essence, film making for rock fans and rock critics.

Sean Penn knows how to sustain slowness of action and thought on the screen. Terence Mallick too. It's about being able to write long. To sustain and develop an idea without resorting to camp or irony. For example watch something like say Frozen Land or Into the Wild against the best work the Coens or Wes Anderson have done and we'll talk again.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 15:55
Uriah Heep remasters and Deep Purple Machinehead remaster- this is the way to do it, the extra tracks on the Heep cds are worth the price alone, and the Machineead remaster is great, I'll be getting the others well Fireball & In Rock anyway, most impressed

Celtic Frost-pretty much everything, all classic even the hairmetal phase

Birthday Party-Prayers On Fire,Junkyard,Live & the mute Eps
Virgin Prunes - If I Die I Die,The Moon Looked Down & Laughed
PIL-Plastic Box these three bands pretty much changedthe way I looked at music, punk pretty much passed me by til I heard these i was still listening to Maiden & Def Leppard or the VU, definately broadened my horizons
Plastic Box now comes in an ordinary double cd case, pretty sure the original came in some fancy but plastic box, still genius across all 4 cds, discs 3 & 4 are still outstanding IMHO. I also thought that the Timezone single was on there, but it isn't

Leyland Kirby-Sadly The Future Is no Longer What It Is sprawling 3cd set of ambient drone and tinkly piano, just when you think you've heard enough of this type of stuff someone like Leyland Kirby reinvents it, all i need now is a spare 3 & 1/2 hours to listen to it in one go

Durutti Column 2001-9 picked this up because it was dirt cheap, and initially thought it was all a bit middle england dinner party music, but repeated listening has it growing on me, not really going to appeal to deathmetal fans though

Up-OST lovely

also this week

Elvis costello - Girls Girls Girls
Ashra Temple s/t
Groundhogs -Who Will save The world
Cult-Pure Cult
Violent Femmes - s/t
Kinks-Village green
& Dogntank-mainly cos someone was raving about it again, still no more than OK imho, remember Nutz, Quartz and a lot of other bands that had something but were never destined for greatness, add Dogntank to that list
Need a decent vocalist if nothing else
Pere Ubu- Datapanik box set definite downturn after disc 1 , i think maybe because the first disc is really good, still it was cheap, can imagine in a few years disc 3 will still be immaculate whilst disc 1 will be looking well used
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 15:55
keith a wrote:
Just tried to order one, but not sure it went through.

I don't think the world is ready for me in speedos!!

http://www.chengdont.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Ooh.jpg
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jan 10, 2010, 16:44
Jan 10, 2010, 15:58
Hola

Gong - 2032. This is GREAT! Love it!

Muse - The Resistance. A band that have so transcended their initial NME approval zone that it's ridiculous. They are now a proper BIG UK rock thing! After 'Black Holes..." I was hoping they'd go more mad and they have. And now I hope they go madder.

Opeth - The Candlelight Years. Box of first three Opeth opi. Prog death metal joy.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung. Standing-on-one-legtastic.

LCD Soundsystem - 45:33. Top extended groovy mixes.

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. A band seemingly incapable of surprise but they do knock out a good line in melodic, riffy rock.

Edgar Froese - Aqua. mmm watery

KISS - Sonic Boom. Makes me grin like a Cheshire Cat.

Mr Oizo - Lambs Anger. Ace minimal, vaguey arty techno squelch.

Gama Bomb - Tales From The Grave in Space. Fun Irish neo-Thrash.

Florence & The Machine - Lungs. I like her voice but the impression is of fairly conventional singer/songrwriter material given an extra gloss of 'Oooh aren't I weird?' Enjoyable but she's no....

Bat For Lashes - Fur & Gold / Two Suns. Sublime.

Andy C - Drum n Bass Babylon. Raw n Pumpin'.

Dol Theeta/Dol Ammad - The Universe Expands / Ocean Dynamics. Mad greek projects of delightlfully overblown goth trance prog metal pompitude.

Latin Jazz - Double comp of latino groove standards.

Have a nice week Symphony Snurders! x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jan 10, 2010, 16:23
A lot of common ground with Moon Cat...
Edgar Froese - Aqua
Gong - 2032
Muse - The Resistance

Also:
Klauz Schultze - Cyborg
Loving this after a few listens. Magical electronic warbles and wobbles.

The Fall - Early Fall 77-79
An old vinyl comp on Step Forward. Fantastic collection which sounds brill on my nice turntable.

The Fall - Peel Sessions box
After the delights of the Step Forward comp I've had this on as well.

Sunn O))) - Domkirke
The Squidlings were complaing that I'd put "that screamy record" on again. Tsk.

The usual ton of Tangerine Dream - Bootleg Box, Richochet, Encore, Rubycon, Phaedra.

Cocteau Twins - The Moon and the Melodies
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
Cocteau Twins - Blue Bell Knoll
The Cocteaus are perfect for the snowy weather.

Jethro Tull - Bursting Out, Heavy Horses
really enjoying Bursting out. Mr Anderson has such a brilliant stage persona.

The Heads/White Hills - Collisions split.
Still sounding great.

Neotopia - BBC session
Great stuff KC! More soon please :-)
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index