Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Fileshare and illegally download now!

112 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: Fileshare and illegally download now!
Nov 22, 2009, 21:01
cheers Ian, I see what you're getting at now, personally I think your vision of the future is a bit bleak, but probably closer to the real situation, rather than my rose tinted version of good people/good places/good music finally triumphing over adversity.

Sorry to harp on, I think I'm probably looking at things through a music lovers eyes, and not a business mans, but are record companies not better off with a good roster of cheap n cheerful artistes ticking over making a reasonable turnover just to keep things going, keeping the gears of the business greased, waiting for the big act to come along, i mean the chances of ten acts making 10 x small amount is = to 1 act making big amount, and in reality there are probably 20 acts who can make your small amount

it's the way I work, i probably spend 4 out of 5 days a week servicing machinery that keeps me in employment, then on the 5th day i do the big job, somewhere that has 5 units, a top notch contract that makes the money, but without the rest to prop it up the final one collapses

actually as you say i'm talking rot, they want short term profit and they won't take the risk just in case a band falls short

looks liked were all doomed
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index