Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!

Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Edited Oct 22, 2009, 14:51
Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!
Oct 22, 2009, 14:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpFFHKeVrNg&feature=player_embedded

Looks wonderful-includes M. Rother & Iggy on Neu! Can't wait...
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!
Oct 22, 2009, 14:58
I'll be away from a TV that night, but the timer's set.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Oct 22, 2009, 18:02
One of the last acts of loyalty from my decrepit old video recorder. Can't wait. It's going to be as good as Folk Britannia ( Ep. 2. especially ).
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 02:12
It was a beautiful little programme, I liked Iggy's description 'A pastoral psychedelia' to fit in with the metaphor of the flow of the river. Not a definitive analysis by any means, but it achieved a lot in one hour.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 02:35
Does it strike anyone as ironic that on several other threads we're blasting the BNP and yet still using the term 'Krautrock'? And 'Japrock' is another one slung 'round these parts, too, even tho both derive from WW2-era epithets?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 02:54
People praise Odin and 'Other' Gods around here too, whilst simultaneously saying that the only christian is a "DEAD" christian....
Or my favorite....Your just simply not left enough, or ultra righteous Mother-fucker enough.....etc. Folks who have HOURS in the day to argue how fucking righteous they are on a chat site, but in reality do very little outside the cyber world to change anything. Cyber Self Righteousness.
Or how week after week i read peoples 'Sound-tracks' of there lives, that must amounts to HUNDREDS {shit, even thousands...with a playlist that changes every week to include the latest music. We must have fucking millionaires around here!} of dollars worth of music. And i KNOW that an awfull lot of it is stolen from blogs.
There's a lot of shit i don't agree with. But it's not just here.
Human nature is a son-of-a-bitch man. There is no such thing as utopia...not even close.
Sorry Dave, you went and got me started.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 03:07
handofdave wrote:
Does it strike anyone as ironic that on several other threads we're blasting the BNP and yet still using the term 'Krautrock'? And 'Japrock' is another one slung 'round these parts, too, even tho both derive from WW2-era epithets?

This irony was mentioned in the programme. The musicians themselves did not really like this term in the main, but they were rather relaxed about it.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Edited Oct 24, 2009, 03:35
Oct 24, 2009, 03:34
handofdave wrote:

Are they any worse than the lamentable "Brit-Pop" epithet???
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 03:45
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
handofdave wrote:

This irony was mentioned in the programme. The musicians themselves did not really like this term in the main, but they were rather relaxed about it.

I suppose that they do understand that it's not meant derisively, as their music IS being sought out and appreciated, but to illustrate why it's still not cool all you have to do is remember that long before civil rights there was sincere appreciation for black musicianship by whites who wouldn't invite the very same artists into their home.

If someone here used the old term 'Darkie music' there'd be an avalanche of righteous denunciation!

I don't know what's so difficult about calling it 'German rock'.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 24, 2009, 03:52
vince wrote:
handofdave wrote:

Are they any worse than the lamentable "Brit-Pop" epithet???

Does 'Brit' have it's origins in a negative context, tho? Or did it emerge out of English culture itself as merely a shortened version of 'British'? Anyone know?

'Kraut' and 'Jap' most definitely DID begin as slurs.
Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index