Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 4 October 2009 CE
Oct 04, 2009, 23:18
Plenty of usual suspects this week:

"Can't Hardly Stand It" - Charlie Feathers
Bobby Freeman - "Do You Wanna Dance"
Elvis Presley - "Guitarman"
The Regents - "Barbara Ann"

The Beatles - The Beatles; Mono Masters Disc 2 [mono remasters]
The Beatles - Stereo remasters box set. Having listened to both boxes all through now, I must say that IMHO the Mono box is far better. The stereo mixes have too much stereo separation, whereas the mono mixes are incredibly dynamic (although the post-Revolver albums sound great either way). The packaging of the Mono box is better too. Still can't stand the Let It Be album.

Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates of Dawn. The only PF album I like, and even this is patchy.

Holger Czukay - Canaxis LP. Brilliant 2 tracker, featuring sampled voices of boat people, etc. Recorded 1969, still sounds fresh.

Big In Japan - "Society For Cutting Up Men"
Kleenex - "Beri-Beri"; "Hedi's Head"; "Nice"; "You"; "U". Terrific tracks from their singles, continuing as....
Liliput - "Spilt"/"Die Matrosen". Worth the admission for the whistling solo in "Die Matrosen" alone.

Cabaret Voltaire - "Sluggin' For Jesus"
Gang of Four - Solid Gold LP; Another Day Another Dollar mini-LP
Ludus - The Damage (picks "How High Does The Sky Go?"; "Let Me Go Where My Pictures Go"); The Seduction (picks "See The Keyhole"; "The Escape Artist")

New Order - "Video 586". Proto "Blue Monday", released by Touch.
The Chameleons - What Does Anything Mean, Basically? LP
The Cult - Love LP. Comedy goth, listened to in anticipation of seeing them on Thursday for a comedy night-out.

Felt - "Primitive Painters". One of their career highlights, featuring Liz Fraser.
J&MC - "You Trip Me Up"

Jah Division - Dub Will Tear Us Apart EP

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Gang of Four - "Second Life"/"Paralysed" 7"

George Pringle - "LCD I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down"/"Sparkomatic Miami" 7"

Bad Lieutenant - "Sink or Swim"/"Dynamo" 7". First effort from Bernard Sumner's new group, not bad.

Durutti Column - Love In The Time of Recession. Can't wait to see them on Friday.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index