Head To Head
Log In
Register
Unsung Forum »
Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 00:11
Ziggypop wrote:
MARTASE wrote:
Right on.



Thankyou Martase. Now Suave how do you think I would get close to explaining that to a bunch of people that were at the gig to hear WSYM and a bunch of Teardrop songs?


You understand it, I don't. I must be thick. Perhaps all the people going to the gig expecting to be entertained are a bit slow too . . but in all my years of going to gigs, playing gigs and listening to music, I've never once needed music 'explained' to me so that I could enjoy it.

Like Moth, I support Copey doing whatever the fuck he wants, but emptying a room isn't a good thing to happen at a gig, and no-one will ever convince me it is.
landells
landells
680 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 00:36
I don't think many people did leave during the set - the majority of people left the area as soon as the Blue Aeroplanes finished their set - but I do agree with what you say
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
297 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 00:55
suave harv wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:
[quote="MARTASE"]Right on.



playing gigs and listening to music, I've never once needed music 'explained' to me so that I could enjoy it.



That's Cool but then why ask me to explain how I feel then?
Were you at the gig?
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 01:07
Ziggypop wrote:
. . why ask me to explain how I feel then?


I didn't. You said that people who didn't enjoy the gig didn't get 'the joke', and I asked you to explain it. I was being a bit flippant because I don't like people saying "you didn't like it because you just don't understand".

We've all got ears, we can decide to like music based on our own evidence in our lug-holes. Not because there's a reason to like something, and only when we're privvy to that information, can we then appreciate the art. That's the elitist way.

Ziggypop wrote:
Were you at the gig?


Nope.
Theaaa
Theaaa
33 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 02:12
I was there and thought it was brilliant! Totally mad, things falling apart (hard to tell if it was part of the show at times...) - well worth the bus ride down there!
I've got some photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/theasigma/ (the uploady thingy was playing sillybuggers earlier so they can just stay un-grouped!) or if it's all gone wrong, they're also up at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=112431&id=508597961&ref=mf on my facebook thing!

Got a bit of video too:
David Wrench and his lovely song about rowing to Bristol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCSQTdMoDew

Towards the end of the set. I'm not sure what was going on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbpMbjYIwY

I can sort of see how it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I thought they were marvellous!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1549 posts

Mr. Know-It-All Here
Sep 22, 2009, 04:18
Moth wrote:
...it seems a shame that esp at a time that Julian has some important messages to put across, he's doing it in a spectacularly esoteric way that will undoubtedly hugely limit his audience for those messages.


I hate to point out the obvious, but perhaps, as McLuhan put it, "the medium is the message."
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1576 posts

Edited Sep 22, 2009, 11:29
Re: Black Sheep
Sep 22, 2009, 11:28
Ziggypop wrote:
MARTASE wrote:
Right on.



Thankyou Martase. Now Suave how do you think I would get close to explaining that to a bunch of people that were at the gig to hear WSYM and a bunch of Teardrop songs?


I would make it clear that this was a Black Sheep gig not a Julian Cope gig.
Huge difference.
As people are now finding out !

:o)
landells
landells
680 posts

PHOTOGRAPHS - Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 14:33
there are another 4 that will follow when I complete the article/review/story of Sunday's performance...

Baaaaaa!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 15:04
Swap it for an out of date Sugarbabes one?
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1576 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 22, 2009, 15:25
Bet your gutted about todays pop news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8268060.stm

;op
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index