Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Aug 16, 2009, 16:41
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 16 August 2009 CE
Aug 16, 2009, 16:04
Hail!
\m/

The Mars Volta - Bedlam in Goliath. Love it. Weird, cos I seem to recall that early reviews said it was the most 'screeee' and "fwang!" thing so far, but it doesn't sound like that to me. It sounds quite funky in places.
I am so glad they do what they do. Not got the newie yet but I seem to get the 'last' album just as the new one is out. Omar thingy seems to bring out an album every 20 minutes or so.

Motorhead - Motorizer. yeah!

DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage. The tipping point of extreme speed power metal becoming pure art. Lovely.

Jarvis Cocker - Jarvis. Excellent! Some really acerbic stuff and some glorious tunes. Angry Jarvis!

Linton Kwesi Johnson - Forces of Victory. Special!

Bat For Lashes - Fur & Gold. World of yum yum.

Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know. So gloriously metal it makes my fillings hurt with delight.

Drum n Bass n dubstep comp. Top furnishings n fittings rattling stuff.

Kylie - X. Electropoptastic before that was trendy except it isn't except it is again or is it.....?

Queen - Queen II. One of the most luxuriously, fantastically brilliant and silly, rockingest and divinely ridiculous artefacts in the known Universe. It's so splendid that, a couple of nights ago I had one of my insomnioidal nights and I couldn't sleep at all, and I HAD to hear "The Fairy Feller's Masterstroke" immediately or I thought my lungs might collapse or something. So I sat at 4am with a cup of herbal tea with my headphones on and just wallowed in this awesomely bonkers thing.
Can you imagine Roger Waters trying to make something as daft and brilliant as this? He'd be in the studio for five minutes and his brain would turn to calcium and his heart would be propelled out of his arse at shite speed and his cock would fall off.
I like it.

Black Sheep - Kiss My Sweet Apocalyspe. Yeah, like it. Marchin n thinkin x

Have a nice week waveform wobblers x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index