33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 July 2009 CE
Jul 26, 2009, 22:11
LP’S
UNCONFIRMED REPORTS - Akatombo
New release from Japan-based Scot who released a rather good album on Colin Newman’s Swim label some years ago. Dark and dense at times, though there is one rather funky number in the middle. Good stuff on initial plays I must say.

HONEYSKY – Guitar
German duo I think. I was expecting it to be more groove based from what I had heard, but some of it’s acoustic and it definitely has shoe-gazey moments. Not bad at all though.

TRUST – Low
Some beautiful stuff here. Some of my fave Low numbers in fact.

THE MYSTERY WORKSHOP - Rebecca Joy Sharp
Bought this at a Wild Swans gig as I’d loved one of her tracks on Thursday (I missed her on Fri unfortunately). Well worth the money, because this spoken voice/harp set really is lovely.

INTERVISION – Jimi Tenor
Hearing this again it comes across as a bit of a mixed bag I guess, but there are three tracks – Outer Space, Wiping Out and Sugardaddy – that I really love.

REJOICE REJOICE – Transglobal Underground
“Egyptian pharaohs fell from the sky and played the blues”. Love it!

THE ROOTS OF THE SEX PISTOLS – V/A
Decent old magazine freebie with Jonathan Richman, Paul Revere, Dave Berry, Can, etc.

MAGNITUDE / INCANDESCENT – The Wild Swans
In anticipation of the gig. Hadn’t looked forward to a gig this much in some time!

TAKE ME TO GOD – Jah Wobble’s Invaders of the Heart
A bit patchy this one I think. Jah probably overdoes the nattering TBH, but tracks like Whisky Priest and I’m An Algerian are fab.

ALSO...
PRIMARY COLOURS – The Horrors
HEMPTON MANOR – The Shamen
ALLOY – Silo
EARLY RECORDINGS – Link Wray

45’s
BREAKING POINT – Bourgie Bourgie
LET THE TRIBE GROW – Fini Tribe
IT HURTS – Lotus Eaters
GOODBYE - Seeland
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index