18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2009, 10:07
Re: Krumlin Festival 1970
Jun 01, 2009, 10:06
Hey Hunter this is really interesting. I’m fascinated by that whole period and I’ve looked on that Festival UK site at other things but I’d never even heard of this event. I cant wait to tell my kids teacher who lives in Krumlin that Elton John once played in that field over there! She’s way too young to remember but I’ll certainly be asking older locals if they remember it. It was quite a pivotal time in Elton’s career cos from the muddy plot in Barkisland he was only weeks later playing the residency at the Troubadour from which international stardom followed.

Nigel Cross of Bucketful of Brains, Ptolemaic Terrascope fame was an attendee according to this and it’s probably worth checking with Chris Hewitt ([email protected]) who was involved with Bickershaw and Deeply Vale in 72 and would have been not too far away in Rochdale in 70. I’d be amazed if he wasn’t there. You’re not the John who’s working on the book mentioned on Festival UK are you? Let us know when and where you publish your stuff and good luck with it.

Unsung Forum Index