Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paaaaul
Paaaaul
75 posts

Re: Peggy Suicide Deluxe Edition 2CD
Sep 15, 2009, 10:18
Citizensmurf wrote:
Thank you. Sorry I misunderstood Moth, thought that list was from the HMV site.

So then it seems like all of the vinyl-only B-sides are represented here, in addition to the last three tracks that appear two seperate cd singles. This leaves 'Almost Alive', 'Bagged Out Ken' and 'Port of Saints' still only available on the cd singles, as well as 'Uptight' and if I am to understand correctly, there are longer versions of the album tracks on the double LP version than the cd.

Head (Remix)
Head (Long Meg And Her Daughters Mix)
Bring Cherhill Down (instrumental)
Soldier Blue remixes

seem to be the other "missing" ones
richr
12 posts

Sep 15, 2009, 15:06
Oh well, thanks for the confirmation. I presumed all the booklets would be the same (single print run), but it is a shame there's a lack of QC at the printers/record label.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Sep 15, 2009, 18:59
Ha!

love

Moth
common era
865 posts

Edited Sep 15, 2009, 20:17
Sep 15, 2009, 20:16
I have a 256kbps MP3 rip of Uptight that I recorded from the vinyl version. If anyone wants it then go to http://www.trampolene.ca and fill out the contact form to drop me a line (click the little envelope pictogram in top right corner).

The file is 6.8MB so make sure yer mail box can handle it if you want it.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Sep 16, 2009, 12:18
Sep 16, 2009, 12:17
Overall, I'm disappointed (not that it really matters).

It's good that the album is easily available again and that some great non-album stuff is on there, particularly the tour single. I also like that the overall pacakage matches Jehovahkill (nice one, Holy).

The booklet cock-up is pathetic. I won't hold my breath on Island offering a replacement.

Missing out Uptight and the longer vinyl versions is ridiculous and where are Port Of Saints, Almost Alive, Bagged Out Ken and Little Donkey?

Where is the stuff that has never seen the light of day (like with Jehovahkill)?
Paaaaul
Paaaaul
75 posts

Sep 16, 2009, 13:02
Vybik Jon wrote:

Missing out Uptight and the longer vinyl versions is ridiculous and where are Port Of Saints, Almost Alive, Bagged Out Ken and Little Donkey?

It is a shame that all those tracks are missing while 7 out of the 11 tracks on CD2 are just alternate versions of tracks from Peggy and Rite.
JonLa
86 posts

Sep 16, 2009, 13:55
Yeah, and its not even that Peggy has ever been unavailable. The last cd has been available for 3-4 quid for years. Listened to it all yesterday and the original album still stands up, but I can't really tell if it sounds different, and the 2nd cd is largely unlistenable. No hidden gems there! Now that I've bought it, I don't feel so bad scouring the net for the missing b-sides - I tried my best to give Universal money for the b-sides, and if they made them available, I'd buy them....
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Sep 16, 2009, 17:50
What is the full track listing. I've got the Promo without booklet just a custom sleeve. I want to know if it's got extra tracks not on the promo...to make it worth a purchase...
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Sep 16, 2009, 22:12
Ziggypop wrote:
What is the full track listing. I've got the Promo without booklet just a custom sleeve. I want to know if it's got extra tracks not on the promo...to make it worth a purchase...

CD1 is the same as the original CD issue - 18 tracks, no Uptight, no Safesurfer fake fade and (quickly playing a few tracks side by side in itunes) exactly the same sound as the previous CD. No remastering (despite what it says in the new liner notes) or even any increase in volume - but this is probably a good thing as there was nothing wrong with the original CD anyway.

CD2 tracks (mentioned previously but):
1. Easty Risin'
2. Ravebury Stones
3. Love L.U.V.
4. Dragonfly
5. Heed: Of Penetration and the City-Dweller
6. Bring Cherhill Down (Vocal)
7. Safesurfer (7" version)
8. If You Loved Me at All (7" version)
9. Butterfly E
10. Straw Dogs
11. Anyway at All

I didn't have most of CD2 (apart from the Love L.U.V. 12") so it was fun to hear. The early 90s remixes have a certain dated charm about them and are not as awful as mentioned elsewhere, if you ask me. The Safesurfer 7" is great, Dragonfly is a classic...but the crime here is including Ravebury Stones, not because it's bad (cos it ain't) but simply because it's the last track from Rite but with a (much) earlier fade. That's 11 and a half minutes that could have been given over to the missing b-sides. Or Uptight. Anyway...

Oh and it is annoying about the booklet. And did they ever fix the sound on the 'deluxe' Jehovahkill? I could go on...

sweetfeed
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Sep 16, 2009, 22:35
sweetfeed wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:

CD1 is the same as the original CD issue - 18 tracks, no Uptight, no Safesurfer fake fade and (quickly playing a few tracks side by side in itunes) exactly the same sound as the previous CD. No remastering (despite what it says in the new liner notes) or even any increase in volume - but this is probably a good thing as there was nothing wrong with the original CD anyway.

CD2 tracks (mentioned previously but):
1. Easty Risin'
2. Ravebury Stones
3. Love L.U.V.
4. Dragonfly
5. Heed: Of Penetration and the City-Dweller
6. Bring Cherhill Down (Vocal)
7. Safesurfer (7" version)
8. If You Loved Me at All (7" version)
9. Butterfly E
10. Straw Dogs
11. Anyway at All

I didn't have most of CD2 (apart from the Love L.U.V. 12") so it was fun to hear. The early 90s remixes have a certain dated charm about them and are not as awful as mentioned elsewhere, if you ask me. The Safesurfer 7" is great, Dragonfly is a classic...but the crime here is including Ravebury Stones, not because it's bad (cos it ain't) but simply because it's the last track from Rite but with a (much) earlier fade. That's 11 and a half minutes that could have been given over to the missing b-sides. Or Uptight. Anyway...

Oh and it is annoying about the booklet. And did they ever fix the sound on the 'deluxe' Jehovahkill? I could go on...

sweetfeed

Thanks for the Info, this now makes perfect sense compared to earlier in the thread when we were discussing how they would fit all the tracks onto the extra disk. That's the tracklisting on my promo. Now do I need to shell out for a f**cked up booklet?? Probs but I'm not in any rush for it.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index