Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....
May 03, 2009, 22:54
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

(Cope's) increasingly political stance is going to continue to split his fans on here more and more I think. I don't agree with everything he says by a long shot, but I think I'm broadly in agreement with his general stance. His politics though do seem very much instinctive and emotional rather than rational and clear-cut- often even contradictory. And a lot of it is just MC5-type sloganeering to shake things up, rather than a thought out ideological platform.

I'd never vote for Julian; I'd hate to have him in power, I think he'd turn into a Psychedelic Stalin in five minutes. You'd only be allowed to vote if you had the right haircut. Anyone suspected of once being a U2 fan would be sent to the gulag. Let's keep buying his records so he never has to consider that career option!

I agree that JC would not make a realistic political leader. It is really hard for me to understand which side of serious his comments are sometimes. The funny thing, which Mingtp makes reference to in his "Life of Brian" quotation, is that most people hold the same basic principles, but are constantly at words over the minor details.

Here is a link to a press conference from the authors of the Rebel Sell, if anyone is interested. It gives a good overview of the ideas discussed within the book.

http://www.goodreads.ca/rebelsell/
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index