Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....
May 02, 2009, 03:01
earthlingfred93 wrote:
Nevermind all this ....I've had me arse kicked and you lot (apart from the ever concerned Dee!!!) dont seem to give a fuck........

I feel for you bud - I downloaded from your link. I hadn't got around to listening to it until JC's Druidion, and have now ordered it. In other words, you helped support the musicians, even if it was by a strange route.

This raises the whole shitty debate about downloading (which I can't be arsed to get into in detail, suffice to say I spend the majority of my income on music - hard copy or legal downloads - but DO download things if I can't find them for sale). I've only been on this site for 3 weeks and have already spunked my wages on kosher releases from the Merchandiser, Druidion and here in Unsung (awesome Spaceship stuff!) - but what matters to me is the music, not how much it cost.

The point I really want to make is: don't worry about the arse-kicking; JC can probably afford lots of expensive psych reissues, whereas someone who downloaded from your link might not, and surely they have equal right to hear what a great album it is? I'm not a believer that Art should have a mandatory entrance fee if it is beyond the pocket of it's intended audience.

All in all mate, chin-up, you both appreciate the same thing, just disagreed on format, which, if you think about it was nutshelled in the 1970s:

"Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
Reg: Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Judea!"

Or in this gem:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! We're practically brothers! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

You've heard "Resistance is Futile" and probably "Resistance is Fertile". Really resistance should be puerile :)

Hope that cheered you up a little.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index