Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1706 posts

Re: Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....
May 01, 2009, 22:21
Citizensmurf wrote:
[
Is this deviance of dissent? There is one very simple test that we can apply in order to tell the two apart. It may sound old-fashioned, but it is
still helpful to ask the simple question, "What if everyone did that?--would it make the world a better place to live?" If the answer is no, then we have grounds to be suspicious. A lot of counter-cultural rebellion, as we shall see, fails to pass this simple test.

-------

If everyone followed the 'what if everyone did that?' rule, the world would be a much more boring place. If everyone did everything the same, the world would be an extremely boring place.

Nah, I take your point, Smurf, but don't take it too seriously. They're not politicians or revolutionaries, just a bunch of old punks... artists, at best. Holding a banner saying you're against something doesn't neccesarily mean that you think that holding a banner is all it takes to defeat it. But it's a start.

Deviance? Dissent? Be a deviant, be a dissident. Both are fine in my book. "Go on, you've got five seconds... say something outrageous."
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index