Magazine reform

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Mystery Magazine Guitarist (??????)
Oct 29, 2008, 12:50
Are you talking about the Irishman who plays in an Irish band but was actually born in Barking, Essex (along with Billy Bragg and yours truly?)
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Oct 29, 2008, 12:56
Steve Hackett?
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Oct 29, 2008, 14:38
elegant chaos wrote:
Are you talking about the Irishman who plays in an Irish band but was actually born in Barking, Essex (along with Billy Bragg and yours truly?)

I should have put quotation marks- as that's how it was repeated to me.
Yes, the(h)edge!
Harry Worth
Harry Worth
40 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 17:03
Jim Tones wrote:
I've recently heard on the grapevine in manchester, some names that have been thrown around as to who will be playing guitar for Magazine.....

Johnny Marr (!)

Pulp's Richard Hawley(!)

Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood (!!)

A certain famous Irishman with a wooly hat (!!!!!!)

I hope it's none of them and that they get Robin Simon who originally replaced John McGeoch

It will be Noko the guy who was in Luxuria with Devoto.

I'm really looking forward to this, I'm going to the Manchester gig on 14 Feb
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Jan 17, 2009, 01:32
See you there - will you jump up like Harry Worth in the photo at precisely 9pm at the bar so we can recognise you?

Was the Buzzcocks gig good? I couldn't make it but really wanted to.

8)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Jan 17, 2009, 12:38
I'm going to the Manchester Valentines Day gig too. Can't wait. I trust they won't have Simple Minds as their support, unlike the last time I saw 'em!

I'll be the fat bloke in a Caravan or Traffic t-shirt should anybody feel like buying me a drink. (only kidding...) I'll have been imbibing pre-gig in the Marble Arch and Smithfield real ale boozers. Recommend both very highly to out-of-town lovers of real beer. Ginger Marble is lovely.
Harry Worth
Harry Worth
40 posts

Jan 17, 2009, 12:43
[quote="dave clarkson"]See you there - will you jump up like Harry Worth in the photo at precisely 9pm at the bar so we can recognise you?
[quote]

Oh certainly!
keith a
9565 posts

Magazine to play BBC Electric Proms : October 22nd
Sep 16, 2009, 11:29
BBC Electric Proms
presents a double-bill of Mancunian rock at The Roundhouse, London as Magazine perform on the same evening as Doves. Again, Howard Devoto, Barry Adamson, John Doyle and Dave Formula will be joined by Noko on guitar who stands in for the late John McGeoch.

This is a rare opportunity to see, hear and feel your favourite, enduringly credible, band, who continue to exert a profound creative influence on contemporary artists such as Radiohead, Maximo Park and indeed Doves.

The performance will be broadcast on the Marc Riley Show / BBC
6 Music and will be filmed for transmission on the BBC Red Button service.

A
limited number of tickets (2 per person) will be available on a first come first served basis from 8am on Wednesday 16th October at http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/series/bbc-electric-proms.

Also at
http://www.seetickets.com and thereb s a ticket hotline : 0844 482 8008 (9am-6pm weekdays, 9am-4pm weekends, B#2.50 booking fee per ticket applies).
For more information go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/electricproms/
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Re: Better be careful what I wish for, eh?
Sep 16, 2009, 23:18
Fabulous stuff- post-punk? More like post-prog...
keith a
9565 posts

Edited Oct 07, 2009, 11:32
Re: Magazine reform
Oct 07, 2009, 11:30
Read this on another forum...

Magazine are appearing on Later with Jools Holland broadcast Live Tuesday 13th Oct 2009, 22:00, BBC Two and on 16th Oct 2009, 23:35, BBC Two.

EDIT: Oops. Just noticed that Vince has posted this already sorry.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index