Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Edited Sep 16, 2008, 00:46
Re: Decisions, decisions...
Sep 16, 2008, 00:42
Manchester. Just booked my ticket!

The prospect of hearing The Light Pours Out Of Me and Permafrost live will keep me warm all winter.

Mojo has apparently reported a "Manchester name guitarist" is being lined up.

Johnny Marr? John Squire? Vini Reilly? Er, Billy Duffy?

Place your best, folks!

EDIT: Love this quote they've got on their myspace...

“mmm… not bad, for New Wave.” Bob Harris / The Old Grey Whistle Test / 1978

http://www.myspace.com/magazineofficial
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Sep 16, 2008, 12:21
Certainly won't be Vini - he'd run a mile at the prospect.

I think it will be Steve Diggle (or maybe Pete Shelley)

8)
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Sep 16, 2008, 12:42
Booked me ticket for London - but hopefully I can get one of me bands to support.....
Debaser
Debaser
241 posts

Sep 16, 2008, 18:06
Kid Calamity wrote:
London: February 13th or Manchester: 14th.
I think I'll probably plump for Manchester. Which one are you going to?

Manc 14th and possibly the following night (I'm sure they are doing two nights) - getting to London on a Friday night is a blimmin nightmare - am already getting in a sweat about the Killing Joke gigs in Oct. It takes and hour and a half to get to the edge of London and then usually the same again to get to where the gig is! It's not rare for me to arrive mid gig and mildly peeved.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Edited Sep 16, 2008, 19:57
Sep 16, 2008, 19:49
Dave, don't tell too many people but the word on Oldham Street is that Jon The Postman is the new Magazine guitar player.

http://www.jonthepostman.org.uk/introduction.shtml
Viva Inc
4 posts

Re: Magazine reform
Sep 19, 2008, 23:58
The show at The Forum in London on February 13th has SOLD OUT within 48 hours of tickets being released for sale. Due to the fact that 2500 Magazine fans in reach of the metropolitan area can't be wrong, it's been decided that it would be only right and proper to allow another 2500 people of fine taste and judgement to take their chance. Magazine will now play another night in London Town. Tickets are now available for THURSDAY 12th FEBRUARY 2009 for THE FORUM in KENTISH TOWN. No price increase. Still only £25 from the usual suspects. Probably more from unusual suspects.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Sep 21, 2008, 02:51
heh heh...think he probably drinks too much real ale these days to be bothered. My money is on Pete McNeish or the guy who plays the banjo on Market street.

8)
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Sep 22, 2008, 15:36
Tom Verlaine would be the boss, imo, especially as Magazine were the brit Television (sorta). Blixa Bargeld would also be a cracking choice.

Diggle sounds more likely tho, it must be said.
arthurly
21 posts

Sep 23, 2008, 23:33
Got my tickets today. There were very few left so if anybody is thinking of going to Manhester date, I'd get crackin'.

Can't wait. Play is one of my favourite live LP's, actually its one of my favourite LP's full stop. If they get anywhere close to that, I'll be a happy camper..
vince
vince
1628 posts

Sep 24, 2008, 01:46
necropolist wrote:
Tom Verlaine would be the boss, imo, especially as Magazine were the brit Television (sorta). Blixa Bargeld would also be a cracking choice.

Diggle sounds more likely tho, it must be said.

Why has there been no mention of Robin Simon? tbh he'd be the logical choice for me.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index