Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 22, 2008, 18:27
Re: Is Nico the John Barnes of Rock?
May 22, 2008, 17:58
dodge one wrote:
Hey Vybik, you got a Rusty cheese grater too?

I don't know if Vybik has one but this "twat" is seriously considering buying one. Then I can use it to make a smack addled avant garde Verfremdungseffekt masterpiece of my own.

Sings some Wagner while playing ass grating solo ....

"Mild und leise wie er lächelt, wie das Auge hold eröffnet, seht ihr's Freunde?" Grate. Grate. Yelp. Yodel "meine Hinterteile sind roh" etc etc.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

May 22, 2008, 18:06
nectarine9 wrote:
Maybe its time you listened to some punk rock, twat.

All I can say is give Cathy Berbarian and Annette Peacock a try and listen to the first 40 minutes of Parsifal. That's pretty much Nico's whole shtick right there. Punk Rock my (grated) ass.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 22, 2008, 18:13
May 22, 2008, 18:07
keith a wrote:
I'm talking about the version here.

http://www.jungle-records.demon.co.uk/jungle/freudcd069.htm

It's one of the most dreadful things I've heard in my life.

Keith we finally agree on something!

Her good stuff is pretty great but sorry this is horrible old nonsense. If she looked like Nana Mouskouri no one would care.

Jungle - always the home of quality recordings!
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

May 22, 2008, 18:13
It's a good thing there are'nt too many NICO's of this world, my ass could'nt stand the abuse.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 22, 2008, 18:24
May 22, 2008, 18:20
shanshee_allures wrote:
I break the law a bit when it coes to thing VU.
I think their albums are utterly overrated, one trick pony stuff, yet Cale I think is a blimmin genius most of the time (and the best voice to come out of Wales), but Lou Reid just irritates me. His voice, his face, his mullet, his bloody tunes. Dull as ditchwater.

Ah that's the spirit!

Take Transformer, Berlin and Blue Mask out of Lou's solo catalogue and he's about as potent as Howard Jones. I don't have a huge amount of time for "Loaded" either. "1969 Live" I'll give you is a total classic.

Cale is a super hero by comparison with Lou and Nico was Cale's muse and his Achilles Heel. He made a brilliant job of giving her a musical context on those three albums. The mixture of Berlin sleeze, New York art rock, Folk Rock and camp Wagnerian madness. Genius.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

May 22, 2008, 18:29
I like "Loaded", that tune 'Train comin' round the bend' with the zig-zaging guitar riff has long been a fav of mine. Sterling was an original player. Regards.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

May 22, 2008, 18:51
dodge one wrote:
I like "Loaded", that tune 'Train comin' round the bend' with the zig-zaging guitar riff has long been a fav of mine. Sterling was an original player. Regards.

You are right .Sterling was brilliant but the limp Country Rock production doesn't do much for me. Too much twang.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

May 22, 2008, 19:19
Vybik Jon wrote:
Moron?

Okay.

You stick to your atonal 'I'll-make-something-so-awful-sounding-everyone-will-believe-it's-brilliant' shit, slackjaw.

Jonty, you trollop. Speaking as an outsider, what do you reckon on the human race?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited May 22, 2008, 19:21
May 22, 2008, 19:21
Some good, some bad, some from Liverpool.

Good result for Man Utd last night, eh?
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

May 22, 2008, 19:28
Vybik Jon wrote:
Some good, some bad, some from Liverpool.

Good result for Man Utd last night, eh?

Cheap shot, super-clown.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index