Unsung Forum »
"The Eight Legged Groove Machine" 20th Anniversary

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

"The Eight Legged Groove Machine" 20th Anniversary
Apr 17, 2008, 09:49
Twenty years?!?!! Twenty bloody years?!! Wha'tha'fuck? Where did THAT go?

"The Eight Legged Groove Machine" 20th Anniversary shows announced!

Hey all.

It's official then, The Wonder Stuff will be play two shows in October this year to celebrate the release of our debut album way back in 1988.

We'll be playing the album in it's entirety along with some associated b-sides, plus a greatest hits set.

The dates are;

October 30th - Birmingham Academy
October 31st - London, Shepherds Bush Empire

Should be a gas, eh?

The Wonder Stuff.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re:
Apr 17, 2008, 09:58
I have many happy memories of the period when that album was released. I used to have it on a cacky cassette but I managed to get a 2nd hand vinyl version in good nick for 50p last year - I was well chuffed!
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re:
Apr 17, 2008, 11:00
It's yer money they're after!
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Re:
Apr 18, 2008, 17:45
Likewise ... my tape had The Monkees greatest hits recorded on t'other side. I eventually found a cheap cd of the original Wonderstuff classic ... and a vinyl LP of unreleased tracks from the period April '86 to Aug '88 entitled the Bootleggéd Groove Machine.
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

Re:
Apr 18, 2008, 19:22
The bootlegged groove machine was actually a semi official release, it was very good, has some really good tracks on it too! "Bang Bang Rat A Tat Tat" & "Oh Dear, Dear Deidre, Oh Deary" spring to mind. Also a very early version of Golden Green. I still play it now.

a handful of songs kosmischeboy
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Edited Apr 18, 2008, 21:12
Re:
Apr 18, 2008, 20:55
Nice purchase, Moon.

Give, Give, Give, Me More, More, More and It’s Yer Money I’m After, Baby are incredible songs by anyone's standards and have rocked my world quite superbly.
the dude
the dude
312 posts

Re:
Apr 18, 2008, 22:24
Sir John Dunn wrote:
Nice purchase, Moon.

Give, Give, Give, Me More, More, More and It’s Yer Money I’m After, Baby are incredible songs by anyone's standards and have rocked my world quite superbly.

god again sir we agree,
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Re:
Apr 19, 2008, 07:30
Saw em once supporting Zodiac Mindwarp And The Love Reaction back in about 84-85 and thought they were splendid!
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Re:
Apr 19, 2008, 07:39
Hey Mooncat!!!!

Could i put a wants list request in from your 50p shop please?

Kiss - Originals jap pressing.

Beatles - Yesterday and Today, Butcher cover.

The entire Vertigo Swirl label catalogue.

Erm.....that'll do for now mate.

Cheers.

8>)
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

Re:
Apr 20, 2008, 11:22
right, putting it on now in the shop....(have zappa's 'them or us' on and the customers don't appreciate it) saw 'em at beautiful days a couple of years back, they were great, so many bouncy dancy songs!
Am I remembering correctly the video for give give give...the drummer had a tee-shirt I coveted which read 'all pedestrians must die'
is he the one who died recently?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index