Register
Unsung Forum »
Psychotropic Vibration

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Psychotropic Vibration
Mar 10, 2008, 13:41
I was just having a bit of a random google - thought I'd see what ever happened to The Perfect Disaster (great band!). I knew that Jo Wiggs was in Breeders, but I came across something about Parfitts band "Psychotropic Vibration"(?) - I had never heard of this band so can anyone tell me if they were any good?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Psychotropic Vibration
Mar 10, 2008, 16:28
Don't think they did much, i may have track on one of those Volume book & cd things, I'm sure it wasn't too impressive
But as the average Perfect Disaster track took about 10 mins to get going it probably wasn't representative

I do remember Perfect Disaster dude making J Spaceman seem like Billy Whizz in the laid back who cares stakes. He proably fell asleep and forgot which band he was in.
keith a
9570 posts

Mar 10, 2008, 16:36
No, I never heard them either. I loved PD - first got into them when I heard TV (Girl On Fire) on Peel and loved it.

Saw them support JAMC a couple of years later. They were great! (As were the Mary Chain once they got going)
Wiggy
1696 posts

Mar 10, 2008, 16:43
My favoured approach. =;o)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Mar 10, 2008, 16:45
Don't know if that was the same show I went to, but I also saw them support the J&MC, and if I remember rightly some members of the audience heckled them and got told to "fuck off, spunk-for-brains" by Phil Parfitt for their troubles. Not quite so laid back after all, it seems.
keith a
9570 posts

Mar 10, 2008, 16:49
I was at the Liverpool gig, PV.
Little deluded fools
2 posts

Nov 05, 2017, 00:03
I was also looking online to see what I could find about Psycotropic Vibrations ( original name was just Psycotropic but some other band had bagged the name ) but it's always hard to find stuff like this from the 90's.
They were ( still are, mostly ) friends of mine so I'm biased of course.
'Jesus time share experience' was always a favourite as it was a single orientated song but I preferred the louder songs and they could be really loud!
Little deluded fools
2 posts

Jan 18, 2018, 19:08
Shame I can’t spell Psychotropic!
In my defence I was drunk as a lord.
Unsung Forum Index