Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What do you truly remember from childhood?

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Re: What do you truly remember from childhood?
Nov 20, 2007, 18:30
red peony wrote:
My mom standing at the bathroom mirror spraying lacquer on her BIG hair with a ciggie in hand, and The Supremes blasting away.

LOL ! That sounds so familiar :-)
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 18:33
Moving to Newport in 1977

Kate Bush in the Babooshka video

Pans people, legs and co, Cleo rocos, numerous carry on films.....

and some other things, I suppose!!
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2007, 19:43
Nov 20, 2007, 19:40
I need to get me a good Roger Miller comp . . . unforunately another childhood musical memory is the tape player spitting that 8-track's guts out onto the floor! (Not that I have an 8-track player anyway.)

He was pretty hip for a "country guy" -- quick wikipedia check:

"England Swings" is the name of that one song, and I recognize a couple more titles from the list -- "Chug-a-Lug" and "Do-Wacka-Do"!

No wonder a little kid would get into this stuff . . .
vince
vince
1628 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 19:49
Beautiful Day wrote:
On a non-musical note I can remember being gutted when Jo Grant left Doctor Who and then doubly gutted when Jon Pertwee did shortly after :D

Jo Grant.....swoon.......sigh.....
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 19:54
Vince! Vince! wake up! ;) xx
coldrumhead
608 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 19:58
shanshee_allures wrote:
Y'know, in that 'woozy washed up memory' kind of way, going back as early as you can.

I can truly remember the Bay City Rollers being on telly, but moreso the arse end of The Pistols - Sid's C'mon Everybody.
I also remember Clout's 'Substitute' very clearly, coz all the impressive teen girls around the area would replace the word 'substitute' for 'prostitute' - you can just hear it now!

I'm talking when I was 3 and 4 here (I think).

I know this could be a candidate for VP, but there's more of a chance it'll go off in nice little tangents, so here it shall be:-)
x

The three day week and candle light....
vince
vince
1628 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 20:04
Collecting frogspawn...Villa in Division 3 (Vic Crowe / Andy Lockhead days)...Cuddles the killer whale at Dudley zoo...Mott The Hoople playing Honalochie Boogie on TOTP...Daleks & Sea-Devils...car washing for pocket money....matchbox cars...mouse trap game...reel-to-reel tape recorders...Dad fiddling with the aerial so we could watch 'Alias Smith & Jones' on the all new BBC2....Ed Stewart's Junior Choice (where I discovered Bowie)...swimming braids & the smell of those luminous swimming bags bought from school....peeling school glue off my hands...scrumping...TISWAS!...Wilson's Fun Fair (apparently still going strong)...British Bulldog in the playground...'Chip' book club...Emile & The Detectives...Agaton Sax....Mr Piper on TV...and of course the Banana Splits (Dear Drooper....)...living in the middle of Redditch and being surrounded by fields (really!!)...the sound of the rag & bone man...swimming in any pond or river I could find...Clarke's commandos (with the compass in the heel of course)...brushed denim....thinking what a strange song 'Rock On' by David Essex was....the musty smell of the caravan.....

Man, I could go on forever....
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 21:07
neighbourofthedrude wrote:
Beautiful Day wrote:
Seeing Ron Mael staring into the camera on Top of the Pops whilst playing "This Town Ain't Big Enough..." with Sparks is without doubt my most vivid early childhood TV/music memory.

That scared the shit outa me and still does !!

First musical memories include me wanting to be in Baccara (I was the dark haired one,my mate was the blonde).
Wishing I was in Legs and Co (childhood nickname) or The Brian Rodgers Connection so I could "do dancin" on telly.
Getting over excited because the man on TOTP stood on the piano AND he had his coat on indoors.

Up until Sparks my scariest TV moment had been that little stickman thing off Rupert The Bear, but yeah Ron was really creepy, as were Queen in the Bohemian Rhapsody video. That Japanese bloke with the face mask on the titles to "Survivors" really did gave me nightmares.
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 21:19
vince wrote:
Beautiful Day wrote:
On a non-musical note I can remember being gutted when Jo Grant left Doctor Who and then doubly gutted when Jon Pertwee did shortly after :D

Jo Grant.....swoon.......sigh.....

norarf, where is she now I wonder
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Nov 21, 2007, 00:41
supercat wrote:
If you're going to San Francisco by ....

Scott McKenzie !!

:-D
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index