Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What do you truly remember from childhood?

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Nov 22, 2007, 12:00
Re: Potentially Worse
Nov 22, 2007, 11:57
Of course, that is a Randy Newman tune and of course almost anyone ('cept Nina Simone) who attempts his music just misses the point.

That turned a devastating lament to the the awful plight of those dancing bears into something that should be on the Ronald McDonald party playlist.
Sickening!
Newman's 'Sail Away'probably expemlifies how much of genius the guy is.

In America you get food to eat/you don't have to run through the jungle and scuff up your feet...they sing about Jesus and drink wine all day.

The guy don't deserve the treatment he gets!

x
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Randy Newman
Nov 22, 2007, 12:39
shanshee_allures wrote:
The guy don't deserve the treatment he gets!

He bloody well does for Simon Smith & His Amazing Dancing Bear!
machineryelf
3681 posts

Nov 22, 2007, 12:53
class tune that one, my dad used to break out that one every time he'd had a few sherberts.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: Randy Newman
Nov 22, 2007, 13:07
Honestly, there's so much irony and heartache and pathos in all of his work. It's truly beautiful.
If ever anything in this world was mistunderstood, bastardies, hung, drawn and quartered, it's poor old Randy Newman.
I've heard the thing you're talking about, and it is fecking awful.
It couldn't be more removed from its true origin and meaning if it treid. They are total idiot a-holes for even attempting it!
x
keith a
9572 posts

Nov 22, 2007, 21:29
shanshee_allures wrote:
Of course, that is a Randy Newman tune and of course almost anyone ('cept Nina Simone) who attempts his music just misses the point.

There's a point? Other than spoiling kids movies with that awful whiny voice and look-at-me-aren't-I-clever lyrics?

God. Can't stand him!
keith a
9572 posts

Nov 22, 2007, 21:34
shanshee_allures wrote:

They are total idiot a-holes for even attempting it!
x

Yes! We agree!! ; )
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Nov 22, 2007, 23:09
Nov 22, 2007, 23:09
Sorry if ah enthuse tooo much, but it's a thing dear to my heart, and I simply need this crazy fecked-up world to understand else I might go mad I tell you..mad!

;-)

x
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Re: What do you truly remember from childhood?
Nov 22, 2007, 23:51
We didn't really have the telly on very much but my had a little dansette and a few old 60s singles (i was born 1970 - thanks to the stooges i can be proud of it ;-) and i got obsessed with the Stones' 'Little Red Rooster' (just found a nice youtube moment with Brian playing slide on his Vox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4t3tgqpyoQ ) - i played over and over when i was 4-5 until there were more scratches than spiral :-)

I got a transistor radio for my 8th birthday and remember being castigated being an old lady for listening to 'Duchess' (Stranglers) on it outside a post office. Around that time i also heard 'Bingo Masters Breakout', taped it from the radio onto a portable cassette recorder and played until the tape shrivelled and died.

Can't be bothered digging out the 'records you wish you still had' thread or whatever it was but I just remembered the run-down, inept glory of 'Gods of Grunge' by Art Phag the otehr day i wished i knew what i'd done with it.
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Nov 23, 2007, 00:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SdxOjWcxI

;-)
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index