Mr Cope, Thighspaulsandra comment on a Guardian Blog

3 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PlateOfFood
PlateOfFood
141 posts

Re: Mr Cope, Thighspaulsandra comment on a Guardian Blog
Nov 02, 2007, 16:35
Well, that's pretty much the story as far as TPS tells it. But then, Cope's got nearly 30 years history of "going off" collaborators, and none of the stories why really make a great deal of sense. It's just something that he does.

But as per TPS, see for example:
http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=1676

Q: Didn’t your recently released Double Vulgar II take a while to come out due to problems with the artwork?

You could say that. We had problems getting it pressed and I’ve also got a bit of a feud going with Julian Cope at the moment! Beta-Lactum Records sent him a promo and through that he’s kind of disassociated himself from me. Unfortunately he won’t speak to me about it but he speaks to other people about it and he’s said things like “I can’t be associated with things like this, I’ve got a family”.

[The full artwork for Double Vulgar II features an erect penis, two pictures of bare bottoms, Thighpaulsandra with his hand in someone’s mouth and a man with blood running down the side of his head.]

What annoys me about it is that he won’t confront me directly about it, and won’t take my calls or answer my emails. I’ve heard all this indirectly! But he’s ‘not spoken’ to me before so it’s a bit difficult to tell whether I will fall back in favour at some point.

Unsung Forum Index