Re: 1967 CE
Oct 18, 2007, 12:57
quite a few of us born in '67 it seems!
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Oct 21, 2007, 14:27
(Beavis and Butthead voice) Uh...hehehe, uhhehe you're old. hehheuhheheheh YEAH! hehhehuhheh
Ascorpius
Ascorpius
82 posts

Oct 21, 2007, 14:52
I was 9 in 67 but don't remember anything special at all. (Very sheltered upbringing)

My earliest memory is very clear when I was about 2 and I took an overdose (not sure if they had paracetymol back then) and was rushed to hospital. They stuck this big tube down my throat and pumped out my stomach. I remember it so well. I haven't tried it since!
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Oct 21, 2007, 19:22
What I can remember was that my mate Ifty had a famous Ustad (teacher), Sitar player uncle from Pakistan ( if our Pakistani chums are fed up of being ruled by themselves, their 60 year experiment has all been a ghastly mistake, then if they ask nicely then they can re-join India and no more shall be said)

Roy Wood, carl wayne (married miss diane from crossroads), Trevor Burton and Bev Bevan apparantly all piled into their little Thames van and came to check out the Sitar wizard, Ifty used to live near the Vine pub, I think the road was Dunsink or Dolman Rd, off the Lichfield Rd just down; with sniffing distance from the Ansells Brewery, and the now sadly recently demolished HP Sauce factory. Also at the time the ATV Studios where I remember the Original Thunderbird 3 and 4 used to occupy the lobby space. There was the Golden Cross pub also..legend has it was that Bob Dylan played there.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2007, 21:54
Oct 21, 2007, 21:53
Wasn't born til 1968 so for the 1st half of 1967 was still a glint in the milkmans eye!
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Oct 22, 2007, 11:02
I was a nasty 14-year old schoolboy in 1967, listening to The Monkees, The Move, Union Gap and anything I could pick up on pirate radio or Radio Luxembourg on the radio in the old man's car.

A year later I would make the momentous decision to swap a Lemon Pipers album that I'd bought (with money nicked from Dad's wallet) and didn't like, for an album called Safe As Milk that a mate had bought and didn't like.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Oct 26, 2007, 04:02
Summer of Love brought a lot dupes in, ripe for swindle.

A simple street deal went bad, with the presence of a gun (pretty rare then) you lost your weed and your money.

A friend thinking it would be easy to transport from one coast to another, found himself held hostage in April '67 San Fran hotel 3 days. They wanted more money. They didn't believe he was all his money, no big backers. They wanted a contact. There wasn't anyone just him. Desperate he gave his neighbor where he grew up, Angelo Bruno (the Gentle Don). Sure, he knew my friend, and no he didn't know he was out west, no he wouldn't give them any more money, but he would let them live when his "friends" came to pick my friend/his neighbor within the hour.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Oct 26, 2007, 08:40
I was 6 (in the June). Pretending to be Sandie Shaw singing Puppet on a String. Was the record "If you're going to San Fran" out then? as i remember going down to Port Einon in a caravan and thinking it was miles away and now realising it was only 10 miles away, and hearing that played all the time. The caravan had gas lighting. Happy memories. ;) xx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Oct 26, 2007, 08:42
I used to have a crush on Matt Monroe, what a voice he had too. Awesome! "sigh" ;D xx Mind you, i also thought Perry Como was kind of cute too.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Oct 26, 2007, 08:44
We did the crab eating a lot too, Bubbs. Used to love going with my dad to find them, bringing them home, putting them in the sink and then forgetting to tell my mum they were there. Bless her, she always had a fright.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index