Re: 1967 CE
Oct 16, 2007, 11:05
I was born. (thunder cLap)
8o(
common era
865 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 13:04
1967 common era - that's me! 'Twas the year of my arrival so my memories are a bit vague, lots of screaming and me trying to push my head through an incredibly tight space.

It was 40 years ago today (well, next Monday actually)...
dee
1955 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 14:50
I was born in '67 too!!
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 15:28
When you really think about it, doesn't the tight space bit make you go: Ewwwwww?!

I was three so don't remember.
common era
865 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 17:16
Nikinakinoo wrote:
When you really think about it, doesn't the tight space bit make you go: Ewwwwww?!

Glad you liked that one. I can't really remember my birth [no shit sherlock], but my earliest memory is from when I was less than one year old. After that my memory has slowly gone downhill...
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Oct 16, 2007, 17:34
Oct 16, 2007, 17:25
Snap, i was 5 too. I was just becoming conscious of music although i hadn't got a grasp of records yet, i thought all the bands were playing live in the radio station but then again i thought the moon was the USA !

The summer of love didn't really come to Eggbuckland, Plymouth apart from through the radio. I kinda recall these although i know some are earlier....

The Move - I Can Hear The Grass Grow / Flowers In The Rain

The Kinks - Dedicated Follower of Fashion / Waterloo Sunset / Sunny Afternoon

The Beatles - Strawberry Fields / Penny Lane / Eleanor Rigby / The Fool On The Hill / Help

The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream / Sunmer In The City

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations / Sloop John B / God Only Knows

The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black / Under My Thumb / Satisfaction

The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind

The Dave Clark 5 ( possibly '66 though ) and Dave Dee Dozey Beak and Titch ( or whatever they were called ! )

And Motown ( The Supremes particularly )

Er, also remember motorways that were virtually traffic free, the almost total absence of motor cars in the street in which i lived ( lots of scooters and motorbikes with sidecars though ) and the Vietnam war on the TV. And eating crabs a lot 'cos they were cheap and my parents being eternally skint !

Edit- How did I forget Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits ( or Helmets as dad would call them ) !
keith a
9565 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 20:38
I can remember singing the classic 'woke up one morning half asleep with all my blankets in a heap' couplet from Flowers In The Rain at the time. But whilst Good Vibrations sounded like the most modern record EVER!!, I wished The Beatles would shave those stupid moustaches off and stop wearing those silly clothes.

I can remember watching the FA Cup Final, too!
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 21:53
I meant as an adult, thinking about it. No. don't. (think about it).

I have a very early memory too. It was a fear one, so it stuck in my memory. Was your early memory a fear one?
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 22:12
Daminxa wrote:
Tis true as I'm sat here! And now you mention it there's a certain resemblance between the Sensible one and Rodney (c'mon, work wi' me here....) I wonder if The Damned's tour bus is a yellow three wheeled van?

Eldritch=Trigger. Undoubtedly.

1967? I was -3 and waiting for iggy+the ashetons to write a song about both the year of my conception and the year of my birth before i'd show my face.
bernie the bolt
bernie the bolt
189 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 22:49
Waiting to be conceived! Can't tell you what my former life was listening to. Oh, that gives me an idea for a Village Pump thread....

\m/
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index