Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
when your favourites make you wince!

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Re: when your favourites make you wince!
Apr 14, 2007, 07:12
>Iggy Stooge played the father of a neighbor on Nickelodeon's 'Pete and Pete'...

That's not at all equivalent. Pete & Pete were very subversive compared to the Muppets, and unlike AC on the Muppets, Iggy did not play himself. Iggy has done a lot of small acting roles (not a sideline of Alice's as far as I know).
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

The Jam
Apr 14, 2007, 12:02
Just Who is the 5 O'clock Hero?

What a pile of shite! As an enormous The Jam fan I was traumatised by this single. How could such a great band do that?
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Apr 14, 2007, 12:42
That's cool, like I always say, each to their own and there is no 'right' answer or correct opinion with music, one of the things I love most about it. Hell, even folks who swear Dixie Chicks are the best band ever, well, I can't refute it!
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Apr 14, 2007, 12:45
Wild Mood Swings is another record that, if 20 to 30 minutes were trimmed off, would actually be decent. I'm not a big Cure fan but Robert Smith is on occasion a good songwriter. I just hate his voice most of the time.
keith a
9565 posts

Re: The Jam
Apr 14, 2007, 17:25
Agree totally. I thought it was pretty rubbish, too, but I knew other Jam fans who thought it was ok. Wasn't wild about that last album all round actually.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: The Jam
Apr 14, 2007, 18:28
keith a wrote:
Wasn't wild about that last album all round actually.

I assume you mean The Gift rather than Dig The New Breed.

Well, it was definitely the precursor for The Style Council in many ways. I know Speak Like a Child was nearly on it and was very nearly the last single from The Jam.

I liked a fair amount of The Gift. Great packaging, too. I still got me candy striped bag :-)
Brik
586 posts

Edited Apr 14, 2007, 19:45
Apr 14, 2007, 19:37
Hahaha, he's not a favourite, but something to make anyone wince.
Anyone remember the Ian McCulloch Top Of The World football song? That was pretty bad...
Just found it here for any who don't remember....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qV3LJKRf3SU
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 14, 2007, 20:35
Cut 50-60 minutes, and if there is anything left it'd make a great single. Some of his whining ridiculously over sincere lyrics accompanied by a really dull stadium rock kinda vibe really is embarrassing. I certainly wouldn't want to play it to anyone else. That said, i quite like jupiter crash for some reason
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 14, 2007, 20:42
oh. think i got confused cos it is part of Eno's ambient series. I'll kinda forgive him that one then.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Apr 15, 2007, 09:03
"... and just like Ken Bigley..."

'Nuff said!
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index