The Autumn Stone one
of their most gorgeous !
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Truly.
Dec 15, 2006, 07:46
They do indeed have small faces...

...or was it just the large ears?

Seriously, though -- "Song Of A Baker" and "All Or Nothing" (live in Newcastle) are insanely heavy tracks. "Afterglow" I'll second no problem, what a song...

"Up The Wooden Hills (To Bedfordshire)" is a classic. "Green Circles" and "Here Come the Nice"...on and on they come like an avalanche.

No disrespect to to Stanley Unwin, Steve Marriott is one of the greatest voices in Rock. He didn't need to do his "soul holler" homework, it just spilled out like cum and hit the spot.

You can hear him on "2000 Man" by the Rolling Stones (other than the Small Faces and H.P.)

The bellowing tyke; -- he didn't need the 'stache, he had the pipes.

The early nineties SUCKED for Small Faces comps but since the late nineties you're spoiled for choice. All the Immediate stuff is totally worthy.

"Afterglow"...what a track. Oh, and "Rollin' Over" and that live 'If I Were A Carpenter" and, and...
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: The Small Faces
Dec 15, 2006, 10:43
Absobloodylutley! I love pretty much everything of theirs I've ever heard; tremendous output. My absolute favourite though is Tin Soldier, one of my all time favourite tunes ever ever ever!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 11:10
I agree, 1001realapes! I loved Ogdens nut gone flake.

I was always a bit doubtful about that strange sung cockerneee accent though :-(

J
x
keith a
9565 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2006, 14:11
Dec 15, 2006, 11:41
One I rarely hear raved about is My Minds Eye. Great record, from that fab intro onwards.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 12:56
I'm only dreaming - on the b-side of Itchycoo Park is my favourite. It's similar in feel to PP Arnolds First cut is the deepest. I love them little boat races.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 14:04
Yep, agreed, i only wish The Bear was around, as he'd talk about these for hours. x
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 16:41
I agree !!!!!

I love 'em too!!!
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 17:08
There was an excellent film about Ronnie Lane on BBC a few weeks ago. A number of comments were made about how small the Small Faces were. Proper Laandoners though!!
booga
booga
129 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 17:31
'Tin Soldier' and 'Wham Bam Than You Mam' are me favourites. Other than that, it's 'umble Pie for me.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index