Nov 02, 2006, 00:47
Anyone heard this ?

Thoughts ?
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re: Code III : Planet Of Man
Nov 02, 2006, 01:16
Yes, and it's a kosmische klassik! You can get it on a bootleg CD from a Korean label (though I bought my copy through a Dutch electronic music on-line store), and the sound quality is excellent for a vinyl transfer. Also, the CD is of the longer version (readers of Crack in the Cosmic Egg may recall that there is a short version and a long version of the album).

Musically and conceptually it travels from primevil soup, through ascent of man, humanity driving itself crazy and destroying itself, then back to soup again. Hard to describe, and pretty tripped out, especially in the second half. Well worth buying a copy if you get the chance! Certainly easier to buy the CD than trying to find the vinyl. I have a friend who has it on vinyl, but he's been rare-record-hunting for a LONG time, the lucky bastard ;-)
gogmagog
176 posts

Edited Nov 06, 2006, 18:27
Nov 06, 2006, 18:26
Having been a way for a while I was skiiming through the posts and I Thought I'd bring this back to the fore as it IS a truly UNSUNG classic Kosmiche LP - very trippy and abstract, but just as you begin to think the formlessness seems to be going on to long (like Anima's LP's for the Pilz label do!!) - some great shapes start to appear from the spectral ether. Stone Age choirs to boot!! Beautiful!

I'd be interested in knowing about the two versions Achuma, where does the extra material appear? I wasn't aware there were two versions - I have the delta-kuntskopf vinyl version, but my copy (even when I bought it) had seen better days which is a bind as its a quiet LP at times. But I'm not sure which one I own of the two - long or short. IS there anyway of telling?

For those interested I did a very unprofessional, and very short review of the LP for this site some time ago, its a fe wpages back but can be got with the search item quick enough.

Time for an OFFICIAL CD RELEASE METHINKS - now that we have a proper version of ECHO by AR & Machines. Steve Stapleton and David Tibet did a great job with Sand's Golem,

Just about to listen to a vinyl copy of Eberhard Schoener's Meditation (1973) which arrived today. Apparently its very Zeit-like according to one review.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 20:26
I have it on cdr but I'm not sure if I've listened to it yet.
It was available to download from both
8daysinapril.blogspot.com
and
curved-air.com

Not sure if its still there, though 8daysinapril is trying to restore as many of its downloads as it possibly can.
Stevo
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Nov 09, 2006, 02:43
The two different length versions are mentioned in Crack In The Cosmic Egg. The longer one is closer to 50 minutes (or a bit over?), shorter one is less 5 minutes or so. Sorry, can't check the playing time of my CD because I'm not typing this at home. When I got it a couple of years back I told Alan Freeman of UT the playing time and he confirmed it's the long version, even though the time was different to what he'd previously claimed it was meant to be.
As far as I recall, the extra minutes were at the end of the record, in the humanity now destroyed/primal soup section. It's great to hear the whole thing but even if you have the shorter version you're not missing out too much.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2386 posts

Jun 01, 2009, 23:37
Finally heard this !
Yes , it's a trip and a half !
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Jun 02, 2009, 02:24
Great album. I got mine from soulseex, in a reasonable 224 kbps. Total length is just under 50 minutes.
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Jun 04, 2009, 03:50
I think it's a stone classic. The mix is a bit unbalanced in places, but for me it adds to the overall sonic weirdness.
Unsung Forum Index