Where are some good places to live...er...in England i mean

57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: England
May 09, 2009, 05:12
Yep, Cambridge isn't the cheapest place to live in the UK, though it isn't that bad really. I live there, and it is a pretty good place to live. Obviously the architecture is great, and it's a pretty tolerant society with many nice areas surrounding it. It's mostly a flat green landscape though. I'm a northerner originally and personally I find this flat landscape a tad dull (though we do live on a hill here, on the edge of the gog magogs). Culturally though, well, its a bit odd. We do get pretty good music here of many types, some great classical music events too, and a pretty good film festival. Thing is though, its a very eccentric place (as in a lot of people here are eccentric, mostly due to the Universitys influence), it's overly English in some ways, and overly middle class in others (way too many kids here get given classical hellenic myths inspired names) which some could find a bit cloying.

I'd say, speaking as someone from there originally, live in the NW (manchester or a town around it) and visit Cambridge. Cambridge is...well.. odd, beautiful but odd, it's not remotely representative of the country.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index