Where are some good places to live...er...in England i mean

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Gnostic Almighty
Gnostic Almighty
236 posts

Re: Where are some good places to live...er...in England i mean
May 10, 2009, 17:25
I live in County Durham ... in the cold, damp North of England where (from a stereotypical viewpoint) we are friendlier and more accepting of strangers. I certainly enjoy living here!

I've also lived in the North West (Liverpool), Midlands (derby and Nottingham) and the awful South (Billericay) and feel that either the North East or South West are the best places to be.

... but that's just my opinion.
kiddrahcir
kiddrahcir
51 posts

May 10, 2009, 19:25
teeside no question. easy access to all the other cool places, ie north york moors, coast(whitby, saltburn), not far to scotland or the lakes. and apparently some folk love the local delicacy which is the parmo. not a fan meself.

and as all the industry we did have closes then its deffo worth a look. (like).
dee
1955 posts

May 11, 2009, 16:19
Im a northerner who lives in London and i find it really friendly.....
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

May 11, 2009, 16:45
I live in North West Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District National Park, been here 12 years having lived all over Britain before and I can honestly say it's the best place I've ever lived in. Beautiful countryside on my door step and a city 10 minutes away, and the locals are a friendly bunch, don't ever see me ever moving to anywhere else now.
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

May 11, 2009, 16:53
dee wrote:
Im a northerner who lives in London and i find it really friendly.....

Well said sir. London and it's people always get a bashing. You get unfriendly sorts wherever you go. Maybe some folk are intimidated by London and it's colourful cultures.

I don't live in London but once did for a few years.

I'm now in the 'cultural heartland' that is Westcliff On Sea, Essex. 40 mins on the train from London, 12 mins walk from the seafront and a lovely big park just around the corner. Pace of life is much better and what with being a family man I'm not too arsed by the lack of nightlife these days but there's a good scene if you look beyond the usual "Essex facade".

The downside of living here is the usual Essex brigade messing up the place. Wandering along the seafront on a sunny day can bring a little bit of sick into ones mouth I must say. Oh the sights, the horror the horror....
kiddrahcir
kiddrahcir
51 posts

May 11, 2009, 22:16
scratch that teesside suks. try geordie land their prem quality
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

May 12, 2009, 12:06
Yeah, I agree! A truly beautiful part of the world. And local folk in that part of the world are top people. Good on ya!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index