Can you help...In Search Of...

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Can you help...In Search Of...
Sep 29, 2006, 23:34
Recently unearthed a box of John Peel tapes from various years, and have fallen in love with a track by a band called Tripod Jimmie. Know the album is called 'Long Walk Off A Short Pier' on Do Speak records from 1982. Think the track is called "pictures on my wall" (dunno for sure, tape cuts off before Peel speaks, though it isn't the Bunnymen's track of the same name).
Does anyone have a copy the could commit to tape/CDr or MD for me, web searches have drawn a blank (well RE: buying/downloading). Though i hadn't realised that the band had Tom Herman from Pere Ubu it.
Can do a swapsie for something you may like should any of you beautiful peeps have a copy of this lost gem unlikely as it is.

Ta!
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Re: Can you help...In Search Of...
Sep 30, 2006, 10:47
http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/nsdsii/1/253349771/1/tripod%20jimmie/1/1/9999.html

http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST&wild=tripod+jimmie&Go%21.x=23&Go%21.y=14

http://www.musicstack.com/item/105723934/tripod+jimmie/unclaimed+freight

... seems to be what's presently available.

Haven't been able to locate a tracklist for Unclaimed Freight ... just that it's a compilation ... so it may or may not include the tracks you're after. Quite an expensive gamble!

I did notice on my travels that there's a new Pere Ubu album just out this year though!

If you have any Ubu/David Thomas on video or dvd I'd be interested in trading for copies of what I already have.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Sep 30, 2006, 11:44
If you give me a couple of months I think I have that at the bottom of a box somewhere. Currently having nasty problems with a landlord so worried that I'm gonna get kicked out & my stuff dumped or something.

I've got 1 of the TRipod Jimmie cds anyway. Think it's that one.
Will see when things are calmer but I have a lot of boxes of cds.
Stevo
Np Boys of The Lough 2nd lp Lowrie Tarrell, The Mason's Apron
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Sep 30, 2006, 12:10
Cheers all, and esp cheers Stevo, that would be great.
Remember trying to track it down in the day, but in 1982, pre internet, i didn't pull it off. Was great finding the tape and rekindlingthose fires :)
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Why I Hate Women
Oct 01, 2006, 15:39
Just got my paws on a copy of the New Pere Ubu 'Why I Hate Women' ... thinking that this may suit my present state of mind rather better than all that recent feminist stuff that Cope's been pushing ... those who know my present circs should appreciate why ...

Hmmm ... Tom Herman is missing this time around ... Pale Boy Keith Moliné is in.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Nov 23, 2006, 21:52
Just found that Lost-In-Tyme blogspot have posted gthat recently. Its as a rar though, I can't unwrap those at the university & find a lot of the Internet cafes can't either.
Stevo
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Nov 23, 2006, 22:07
U will need to Download WinRAR

They do a free 40 day trial which I downloaded months ago and its still working.

Joolio
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 13:56
WhooHoo Stevo, You Da A Maaan!!

Just made my day. Was feeling a little glum today, winter blues etc...so BIG cheers. Had given up on everhearing that record. Just hope it lives up to what i expected....22 years is a loooong time for me to hype it :)

M
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 15:25
Hey, that Lost In Tyme site is a killa find, cheers for the link.

Tripod Jimmy is as ace as i was hoping...of it's time, but better for it. Pil filtered through Pere Ubu, sort of :)

Here's a cool site in return

http://greenfuz.blogspot.com

Some groovy Downloads available too.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 15:44
does that mean you've found what you wanted? only I've got that old Ubu box set at home with (I think) some Tripod Jimmy on it, and I was going to check out which tracks are on there.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index