Where's everyone from?

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Re: Where's everyone from?
Jul 27, 2006, 17:05
Hi there Ladybug and cool kitty too ! Welcome aboard.
markfive
65 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 17:17
Originally, Southport in Lancashire, Paris of the north. N wales since 1976. Now in Bethesda, Gwynedd, twin town Atlantis.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 17:25
Needham Market Ipswich Suffolk

born and bred here

its flat boring but also quite attractive for it
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 17:30
See ya later Phos!
Phosjaw
Phosjaw
67 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 18:19
Will do, JT! :-D
Debaser
Debaser
241 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 18:46
Lawrence wrote:
Rochester New York, .

OOOh and my mate David he used to be (probably still is) in a band called Dark Heart Alarm.

Me? From Lincoln, UK. REALLY big in Roman times (you can't walk anywhere without bumping into Roman bits and pieces) but by the time the Victorian era arrived, the city elders decided the city didn't need those new fangled train thingies, so we got shunted off on to the sidelines. The upshot is, you can't get anywhere directly.

We've got masses of Iron Age and Bronze Age mularky going on too. A nearby village, where I happen to work, Fiskerton has thrown up some brilliant artefacts http://www.show.me.uk/site/news/STO172.html

Despite York's protestations , we really so have the best catherdral ever, it still sends a shiver up my spine whenever I spot it on the horizon.

I LOVE Lincoln - it's near enough to the metropoles of Sheffield and Nottingham, if I need to see decent bands, but far enough away to be fairly relaxed.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 18:52
I'm from Walthamstow London (or at least grew up around there) but I've been living in Ireland for 14 years. Galway for the last 8. I went to University here , graduated in 2003 then went on to a post-grad Masters which I've yet to finish.
Been spending most weekends in North Mayo though. Dunno about this weekend cos I've got twinges of tendonitis.

I guess Galway's ok. kind of scenic , getting a better music scene than it had when I arrived etc.
I get most of my music online & mailorder though the HMV does make things pretty cheap if I buiy sale stuff. They seem to have nearly constant reductions on at least some of their stuff. I've hoped that they haven't detracted from independent locals which were a bit more expensive than finding stuff online and far less reliable.

The Uni campus I can see from the window is pretty scenic too.
Stevo
Macspiky
41 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 19:41
Hornchurch, Essex. Soon to be relocating to Kent tho.
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 21:55
West end of Glasgow, Scotland. Ya Bas
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Jul 27, 2006, 22:01
Why go to Swansea when Newport's so picturesque!! :^ )
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index