R.I.P. Syd

120 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: R.I.P. Syd
Jul 12, 2006, 10:11
*whenever a 'famous' person dies - the so-called 'experts' are going to fill the spaces with their useless blather about what went wrong and what went right in said 'famous' person's life, when these 'experts' obviously haven't any more of an understanding of said 'famous' person outside of writing on said 'famous' person to sale plently copy and ad time for their clientele...

for those who were moved and inspired by the musick of syd barrett - that matters the most and that matters beyond any words from the 'experts'. i have grown exceedingly distrusting towards 'cultural critics' who make their livelihood being absolute parasites and paradoxically, never having any type of cultural influence a la syd, pink floyd, those ol' men of the rolling stones (whom, by the way, are still doing it while bodies and minds a quarter of their age are doing absolutely nothing at all..), or any other 'famous' person that does bring to the artistic table more than the gloss and sheen of a watered down 'american idol' non-entity....

as for syd - he inspires and continues to inspire. not many have the ability to do that simply because the many are unwilling to invest themselves within their particular art. theories about 'what went wrong for poor ol' syd..?' remains garbage for those who like garbage. for the rest of us willing to live and seek, find and live and seek once more - we understand syd well enough.*

thank you.

Posted by Osa23 on July 12, 2006 06:14 AM Guardian

Indeed... we understand syd well enough.*

(((CharLie-YarLian2SuM)))
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index