R.I.P. Syd

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: I've Been Blown away By The Response
Jul 12, 2006, 14:19
Your words are so touching, Let love shine on your family in the days and weeks ahead. I wonder if when the time is right you might share some of your stories with us here. Ive been thinking about your uncle so much today, for my own little goodbye, i painted a picture of him in the moonlight by the standing stones.
sending you a million kisses X xxxxxxxx
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 14:44
I laughed and cried when I played Bike last night. Laughed along with my two kids who love the song, and cried for the memories.

Many many thanks for your post Jellyfysh - it has given me a sense of connection that was otherwise missing.

Love and condolences to you and yours...
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 15:00
Condolences to you and yours from me and mine. xxx (HH)
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 15:21
Love and condolancies to you and yours from the whole of Newport xx

I was just thinking back of myself, aged 13, doing my paper round. I had a copy of relics, from somewhere, and every morning I used to play Interstellar Overdrive, because I loved the way the guitar bounced between headphones and almost rattled my brain. Absolutely fantastic!!

Just thought I'd share that with you

Love
Tom
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 15:50
Yeah, condolences Ian - losing a hero is one thing but losing both a hero and family member is something else.

Tonight my band is planning on paying tribute to Syd / Roger in our own small way by jamming on the "Interstellar Overdrive" riff (one of the first things I was ever inspired to learn to play on guitar, incidentally).

Having heard "Relics" for the first time at about age 13 (older bother with big record collection syndrome) I was just thinking today about how Syd's songs cross the generational / age gap in a way that few, if any, others do - I mean, "Bike" surely has something to appeal to folk of just about any age group from toddlers to folk in their dotage to thirtysomething music geeks like us!
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: R.I.P. Syd
Jul 12, 2006, 16:07
I heard lastnight that somebody from Pink Floyd had died though my friend didn't know which one. It never crossed my mind that it was Syd! Been listening to his songs on heavy rotation today at work - drowning out Annie Lennox and Queen and other horrible 80's songs blaring out of the radio in the office next door.
What a sad loss.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 17:48
Yeah, I sure will miss him. I'm kinda upset I found out on my birthday...
Rev Matt
26 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 17:51
Sometimes a public figure passes away we forget that to his or her loved ones he was a beloved family member first and foremost. It pleases me that Roger Barrett was able to live the final three decades of his life in relative peace. For all the man gave us in a few short years he deserved to occupy himself with his hobbies if that was what he wished. I've always thought the "genius who went insane" bit was over-hyped and the legend only attracted knuckleheads who would bother him by knocking on his door. Hopefully his family can take comfort that for every knucklehead there were hundreds of true fans.

Ian, your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 18:30
My love and condolences to you and yours, Ian.
bigsul
bigsul
56 posts

Re: R.I.P. Syd
Jul 12, 2006, 18:50
Love is sent...
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index