R.I.P. Syd

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
krautymckraut
krautymckraut
110 posts

Oh! Wot a Dream
Jul 12, 2006, 03:19
I've been listening to Kevin Ayers tribute from 1973's Bananamour on repeat throughout the day. I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever.
Trish
Trish
285 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2006, 06:57
Re: R.I.P. Syd
Jul 12, 2006, 06:57
Gutted also... :-(

Dont really know what to say... v v v v v sad

t
xxx
earthlingfred93
1114 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 07:57
AT LEAST HE LEFT US A BLAZING TRAIL OF SONGWRITING ONLY EQUALLED BY DYLAN...FOR THAT WE CAN BE GRATEFUL. IT CERTAINLY WAS QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

TO SYD.......
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 08:12
A truly original musician & songwriter. R.I.P. Syd!!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 08:24
You *wiLL* be missed Syd.

(((charLie)))
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 08:26
Never a fan, really. (But, someone whose influence I recognise as undeniable.) I'm still finding this very sad.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 08:30
Gutted gutted GuTtED.

yOUR noT wroNg There ToM.

Syd WAS a very very special man and his music lifted me out of the gutter so many times when my life was messed up and I never EVEN got the chance to say thanks to the man.
*O(

(((Syd's sad son of a GuN)))
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jul 12, 2006, 10:11
*whenever a 'famous' person dies - the so-called 'experts' are going to fill the spaces with their useless blather about what went wrong and what went right in said 'famous' person's life, when these 'experts' obviously haven't any more of an understanding of said 'famous' person outside of writing on said 'famous' person to sale plently copy and ad time for their clientele...

for those who were moved and inspired by the musick of syd barrett - that matters the most and that matters beyond any words from the 'experts'. i have grown exceedingly distrusting towards 'cultural critics' who make their livelihood being absolute parasites and paradoxically, never having any type of cultural influence a la syd, pink floyd, those ol' men of the rolling stones (whom, by the way, are still doing it while bodies and minds a quarter of their age are doing absolutely nothing at all..), or any other 'famous' person that does bring to the artistic table more than the gloss and sheen of a watered down 'american idol' non-entity....

as for syd - he inspires and continues to inspire. not many have the ability to do that simply because the many are unwilling to invest themselves within their particular art. theories about 'what went wrong for poor ol' syd..?' remains garbage for those who like garbage. for the rest of us willing to live and seek, find and live and seek once more - we understand syd well enough.*

thank you.

Posted by Osa23 on July 12, 2006 06:14 AM Guardian

Indeed... we understand syd well enough.*

(((CharLie-YarLian2SuM)))
jellyfysh
jellyfysh
247 posts

Edited Jul 14, 2006, 10:11
I've Been Blown away By The Response
Jul 12, 2006, 14:04
I would just like to say that I have been truly blown away by the response to Roger's (Syd's) passing

I have known since Saturday and was unsure myself when it was to be made public. I awaited it with a sense of trepidation.

When it emerged yesterday afternoon i was utterly gobsmacked to discover that Roger had still after all these years been held in such esteem and love.

I will store many of these comments away in my heart when I travel to Cambridge next week.
I will be with a truly heavy heart I will make the journey - but the love you all felt for him will lift it and help the day become one of love and thanksgiving

Thank you to each and every one of you.

it is such a surreal experience to share my Uncle's passing with you all.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Knowing full well what Roger would have wanted I have spent the day doing both.
There have been tears for sure, but the laughter has helped them dry.

I have been able to share stories of his life with work colleagues today - many of who i never realised till today were fans. That is a beautiful thing to be able to do and also a privilege.
We have laughed and laughed.
And laughed.

How can you not laugh when you hear

I've got a mouse
And he hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald.
He's getting rather old
But he's a good mouse.

Goodbye Roger
Sleep tight

Ian Barrett
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: I've Been Blown away By The Response
Jul 12, 2006, 14:16
Condolences Ian.
The essence of Syd and his music guided me through so much. Like so many of his fans I wish I could have given him a big kiss & a hug and said thanks for all those amazing songs. A very special human being.
He will be missed!
YarLiaN cHARLie 2 sum.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index