Unsung Forum »
most psychedelic album ever

98 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: scientists
Oct 30, 2001, 09:58
Thanks for that, actually, after i posted i realised that Karbon was a UK based label. We Had Love is still one of my fave Scientists 12", it seems to distil their sound to it's essential components. Yeah , wierd love was the Scientists 're-interpreting and re-recording' their back catalogue, and like we had love, i think it's them at their best, relentless, loud and repetetive.
The Human Jukebox is a whole different kettle of fish though, i think it was the last album proper as the Scientists, and sees them take the repetition thang to it's logically distorted extreme, though only Kim salmon and Tony Thewlis are left from the original lineup (also Kevin Coyne makes an appearance on the album).
I think sub pop put out a compilation of Scientists stuff in the early 90's, though i didn't buy it, as i had all of the stuff already.
On a slightly different tack, i bought a copy of a Kim Salmon And The Surrealists LP from a record/video exchange for a £1:00, it's called 'essence', and kinda takes off from where the The Human Jukebox left them, it's ok (and on yummy red vinyl).
I remember seeing them support the Sisters Of Mercy in the early 80's, and they totally blew the sisters off stage.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index