most psychedelic album ever

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Re: most psychedelic album ever
Oct 28, 2001, 12:14
just been listening to it and it is indeed very psychedelic to my wasted ears!
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Oct 28, 2001, 12:15
Bull of the Woods that is!
Telepathine
371 posts

Oct 28, 2001, 21:04
In a Psych/Garage vibe, for me it's gotta be The Scientists 'Wierd Love'. It's truly full on in a 'Fuzzed up' garage vibe, though hard to find nowerdays (it's on some defunct Aussie label called Karbon). Though psych in a trippy sense, some of the best planetary trip ins i've had have been to Ozric Tentacles (Hey!no laughing atthe back there!!)
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: scientists
Oct 29, 2001, 14:11
funny you say weid love since those are actually European rerecordings of things i'd say were better
recorded by the earlier(Brett Rixon) line up in Australia.
The earlier recordings are out on a cd called Blood Red River-after the mini lp that comprises most of the disc.
this is augmented by singles inccluding We Had love
-hence the retitling
I think the slightly later era is now represented by a cd called Human Jukebox.
I don't know if Weird Love would be on that but the Dutch Demolition Derby ep is on Blood Red River.
Stevo
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Oct 29, 2001, 14:34
as everyone says - tricky but i'd plump for one of
hawkwind space ritual (the cd hass excellant new trax on)
beefheart - trout mask or mirror man
or syd barretts madcap laughs
depending just on what you mean by psychedelic
Madcap
1 posts

Oct 29, 2001, 16:25
To me the word psychedelic refers to a special kind of music made between 66-68. But if we include other stuff. Can you get more psychedelic than Gilles Zetschef-Sternenmädchen.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Oct 29, 2001, 16:25
I agree with Shrimp that everyone's criteria for this are going to be different as we have all had different experiences this way. Much as I agree with the suggestions so far (I think Cottonwoodhill isn't quite as psychedelic as all the hype has it, though), I feel the need to fight the more avant-garde corner. Stockhausen's 'Hymnen' blows your head off, The Residents 'Eskimo' scares your pants off, and Eno/Byrne's 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts' makes you laugh, tremble and dance, sometimes all at the same time. The latter platter is impossible to take off the turntable once on, you just find yourself turning it over, and over, and over, and over... Oh, and I found Waters/Geesin 'Music from the Body' surprisingly effective too in a weird creepy English Catweasel-y way. Oh, and 'Tago Mago', as someone else said. And the Cosmic Jokers' first album is the sound of music turning itself inside out, then outside in and back again when on acid. And... Oh, SHUT UP!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Oct 29, 2001, 16:29
no, please go on LL, I was enjoying that!
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Oct 29, 2001, 16:57
me too
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: most psychedelic party game ever
Oct 29, 2001, 17:21
i suppose as the psychedelic experience is very much a personal thing, it's difficult to quantify. i once gooned for 6 hours on chas and dave: you have to have a cockernee hat and sit in a circle. when C&D say "oi" the person on your left has to wear the hat. it's important to address the hat as "mr bert may" at all times and if you piss yerself, you're out.
side four of the mothers' freak out usually does the trick too.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index