Zak leaves Low...

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Zak leaves Low...
Nov 26, 2005, 13:41
from http://www.chairkickers.com/

Zak Sally departs Low
A note from Zak: I have left the band Low. While I wish the best for Alan and Mimi (and Hollis and Cyrus), I can no longer be a member of the band. I sincerely hope that someday we can sit in the basement and make music together, but for now, there are more important things than music. Or bands. On a personal level, I can't hope to express what the folks that have helped, supported, and listened during my 12 year tenure in Low have meant to me. This band has been my entire adult life, and I had a hell of a ride. Thanks for everything. Take care, all of you. I mean it. Maybe I'll see you around.
--Zak Sally.

It is with sadness and regret that we have accepted Zak's resignation from Low. After 12 years together, we have a lot of great shared memories and musical moments. Zak's contributions to the band and his friendship have been invaluable, and we wish him and his family the best. Low has found a new bassist in Matt Livingston. We plan on touring in 2006 and working on writing more music. Thank you all for your understanding and support.
--Low
riotmaster
1563 posts

Re: Zak leaves Low...
Nov 26, 2005, 13:46
it's not the first time Zak's left if i recall correctly ?

anyway, lovely bloke, wonderful band. hopefully this wont have a negative effect on future Low music
keith a
9565 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 14:00
Yeah, think you're right. didn't he have to be talked into staying a year or so ago?
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 21:56
Does anyone know why he was talked into staying? I mean why he wanted to leave?
keith a
9565 posts

Nov 27, 2005, 17:00
I seem to recall Alan posting a message post-Peels death that sounded like he was having a few problems, something like Peel dying had made him realise he wasn't worthy. Or summat...
Unsung Forum Index