Unsung Forum »
Coldplay

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Re: Coldplay
Jun 25, 2005, 00:13
No I disagree. Her solo stuff was much better.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:22
Christ, this thread is pathetic.

"Coldplay are shit.", "Well they're not all bad", "You're a fucking loser, then."

Fucking grow up!

Anyway, to get back to one of the few interesting comments before this degenerated into an adolescent cooler-than-thou dirty protest, for what it's worth I think they sound a lot like Echo & The Bunnymen too (shiny-production Porcupine era). I think a lot of that's got to do with Chris Martin's voice. Hearing the first single off the album on the radio at work about four times a day made me yawn at first, then I actually got into it, then I just got fed up with it: Much as I've felt about all their output really. I really don't like their appropriation of Kraftwerk's 'Computer Love' either. It sounds like a hamfisted joke rather than a homage. But there are some interesting little twists on the rest of the album, but not enough to keep me interested in more than a mildy curious way really.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the Crazy Frog album. It's bound to be much better.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:23
OK, I stand corrected, but is there really much in it.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:26
Yes
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:26
"I won't let public opinion sway me that something is good, I won't allow the fact that something is popular to put me off"

My sentiments exactly. I'm a big fan of ELO and I don't care whether they are considered trendy/good/hip or not, I still like them.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:44
They're better than U2. Really. U2 have nothing like the same melodic gift.
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:44
He makes cute babies and names them after fruit.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:49
I like them.

They're bland only if you hate melodic songs and wallow in avant garde invention. For what it's worth, I can't directly associate any one of their songs with anybody else's. Mebbes I'm just suffering from memory lapse.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 01:11
"They're bland only if you hate melodic songs and wallow in avant garde invention."

It's possible to like both. I do. And I rarely wallow, either. ;-)
There's a song on the new album that directly steals its chorus from Kraftwerk's song 'Computer Love' (and not very well, unfortunately). If the writing credits for that song don't include the names Schneider or Bartos in there then there could be a court case over it, and Coldplay would lose.
machineryelf
3679 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 08:29
surely crazy frog is a cleverly designed marketing ploy,makes no claims to be high art and its success is to be applauded plus my kids like it.
Coldplay are just dull as ditchwater,why spend a tenner on it when you can go to music zone and buy 2 cds for a tenner on something you may only have a faint idea about and you may discover a gem
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index