Coldplay

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Re: Coldplay
Jun 24, 2005, 22:49
"What difference does it make" Get a fucking grip - the difference it makes is that real musical talent is not getting a chance. If this carries on all we will have is bland, moron-friendly "music". Is that what you want? Well, long live Jay Kay and Coldplay - Julian Cope is shite cos he'll never sell millions of records for the capitalist record companies. Just give the plebs the lowest common denominator music - it's what they want and whata they deserve. Most of them need someone to tell them what's good anyway.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 22:51
"not that bad"

You are taking the piss now mate - Go and join a Coldplay forum.

One reason for listening to the album is to have an informed opinion and that's what Noah has done.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 22:54
Many of my favourite artists have sold considerably more that 10 copies matey.

Selling lot's of copies is obviously a sign or quality in your book - Rena and Renate anyone? Joe Dolce, Jay Kay - all quality stuff by your definition
Earl Mallard
Earl Mallard
555 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 23:46
Rena and Renate anyone?

Yes please...Especially the Kenny Everett send up.!
keith a
9572 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 23:50
Why would I join a forum of someone I desc as being "not that bad", and who I said I didn't own an album by.

>One reason for listening to the album is to have an >informed opinion and that's what Noah has done.

Well unless you're gonna review it, there usually comes a point where you think I hate this and I'm not listening to it anymore.
keith a
9572 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 23:56
> Selling lot's of copies is obviously a sign or quality in your book

Is that what I said? Really?

In the same way I won't let public opinion sway me that something is good, I won't allow the fact that something is popular to put me off. If I like it, I like it. And I think you'll find that the tracks on the Renee & Renata album are better than the single.
keith a
9572 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 23:57
lets not involve Julian in this arguement - he didn't choose to leave Island. He got dumped.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:00
But Coldplay isn't the lowest common denominator by any means. Crazy Frog is.
keith a
9572 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:01
I agree. With you! I'll go and sit down ; )
Earl Mallard
Earl Mallard
555 posts

Jun 25, 2005, 00:05
Renee was great in The Stone Roses!
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index