Re: Coldplay
Jun 24, 2005, 10:03
innit.
keith a
9570 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 10:51
If it was that bad, why listen to it?

This isn't aimed at you, NV, I just think that people here sometimes take swipes at such easy targets. Coldplay are...alright. They're not the greatest band in the world, but they're harmless, inoffensive, and not that bad. I wouldn't buy an album, but I liked Yellow when it came out. I thought it was a pretty decent pop song. What am I supposed to do, flog it cos they're so successful? (Actually I liked In My Place as well).

I love a lot of things about this site, but the one-upmanship and negativity sometimes gets on my tit. Oh, and Bono's quite popular, so he's a twat as well apparently. Change the fucking record, peeps! They're only popstars!!

Steps off soapbox...

Phew. That was a long way down ; )

(I blame the weather myself!)
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 11:02
why talk about it when they write albums and albums concepting all about it?.....
Maybe they could help us sleep thru these hot nights ~but nah, more likely just induce nightmares of yawning chasms of tedium.
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 11:18
I do agree, There are far worse bands than Coldplay and it can get a bit snobby & negative on here. But when an album is preceded by Mucho Hypo people are going to want to hear what all the fuss is about.

"If it was that bad, why listen to it?"

Unfortunately the only way I can not listen to it is by selling my TV (maybe a good thing) And not going to any shops for the next 2-3yrs

Anyway I'm not going to lose sleep over it :-)
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 11:56
I never said I gave a shit. Just agreed that they suck, they're annoying and it's obnoxious that I'm going to be subjected to their whining in car commercials for the next ten years.
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 17:00
in that sense, are we all just vicious bitter connoisseurs, looking down our noses at popstars with undeserved wealth and fame?

negativity I suppose is something that is so unwelcome in real life, i.e., one doesn't walk through Sainsburys and tell someone they're a complete and utter twat because they happen to be buying Lobster sorbet and instead of tuna fish parfait. So it's a weird catharsis that this place affords to have a pop at things/people that don't quite seem real, as their all using an alias that is simply a derivation/compartmentalization of their personality.

now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour kerosene over a stack of petra haden promo cds... (burn baby burn)
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 17:48
From the darker aspect of my oft' misunderstood and so-called-sense-of-humour ...

Can't they be the next Lynard Skynard/Eddie Cochran/Big Bopper etc instead?
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 21:38
> harmless, inoffensive, and not that bad

Yep, and that's why they must be destroyed. Whatever happened to dangerous, offensive and completely brilliant?
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 22:44
Morrisey is interesting - well at least he has a point of view and is certainly not bland.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 24, 2005, 22:45
Jesus, one U2 is too much
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index