Guilty Pleasures

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: Pavlos logs
Apr 20, 2005, 12:34
'Horse With No Name' is probably my favourite song of all time ever.

Nooooooooooooo it's one of my most hated songs of all time. Along with Freebird and Hotel California and many others that I hate sooo much I've blanked their titles out in my head... ;o)

I did find myself strangely knowing all the words to a song on Radio 2 this morning about a 'Cat called Kalamazoo..' have noooooooo idea how I know the words to that. Maybe my house mate plays it to me in my sleep.. subliminally.. woooooooo :o)
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Re: Guilty Pleasures
Apr 20, 2005, 12:59
I will look forward to life getting even easier then hehe
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

hoo!
Apr 20, 2005, 13:13
'Hotel California' makes me want to eat frozen cow poo and wash it down with pee water.

I know that HWNN is a terible thing, but I'm I'm not guilty, I was afflicted with the song as a sapling. Bah.

"And there ain't no-one there to give you no pain.. (come ON!) LA laaaaa, LALALALALA..lala laaaaa, la, lah!"
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: hoo!
Apr 20, 2005, 13:34
STOP IT!!!! :o)

My house mate Pat is in a folk band and they cover HWNN (Very well actually it must be said)... drives me bonkers! Band practice tonight, but I'm out thank crunchie!! ;o)
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Apr 20, 2005, 14:32
>>And there ain't no-one there to give you no pain.. (come ON!) LA laaaaa, LALALALALA..lala laaaaa, la, lah!"

Isn't it actually.."And there ain't no-one there FOR to give you no pain.." ?

I'm w/you on that one,Nat..but I can understand where you're coming from,morfe...America did have a few other songs that I've slight nostalic leanings towards,though Sister Goldenhair is the only one that springs to mind at the moment

Two songs that are big ones from my childhood,,riding in my mum's blue VW microbus(she wasn't a hippy it was just the SUV of the day,I suppose) are Petula Clark's "Downtown" and the "MaNaMaNa Song"(or whatever it was called)
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Glittersev
Apr 20, 2005, 14:51
Yeah I love "Downtown" too, awesome feel-good song, reminds me of the 70's and having needlecord flares and no cares other than how to bridge an alien divide and talk to 14 year old girls when I was 13.

And yes it is "for to give you no pain", good man!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Guilty Pleasures
Apr 20, 2005, 14:58
S'easy
All the stuff I like is good n' all the stuff I don't like is shit! Sorted!

Guilt in this instance is for Catholics and exNazi Yoof Popes

Life's too serious and mean in parts to be guilty about wot records you like, shooooorly?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Gary Numan..
Apr 20, 2005, 15:08
"Yeah, but, he's like.. a pop star, but...he's got a pilot's license. Can you imagine that?"
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Glibbersev
Apr 20, 2005, 15:08
..More like it....I go back to just after its initial go round..the song came out in '64 and though I was born in '63 I don't think it was until I was babout 3 or 4 that it started to register..I liked Don't Sleep On the Subway as wwell,but that was sadder and didn't have the excitement of 'Downtown"

and Georgy Girl!..How could I forget that one!?

And "Those Were the Days" by Mary Hopkins..that song used to always make me think of gypsys and graveyards
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Apr 20, 2005, 17:18
MONDAY MONDAY by Mamas and papas maybe?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index